Re: Gurdjieff

  • thepathofthesunflower
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
      Chantel wrote:
      Haha, well, the power of attention and intention was Gurdjieff's aim
      I believe. The worst thing we can do is be passive. I can sit down
      to a Steiner lecture or book and passively read the information and
      waste a WHOLE lot of time. Or I can be attentive and alive and
      acknowledge the power of my mind. Sometimes being attentive needs
      strengthened. It is needed for ritual and practice in all sorts.
      Whether you are sacrificing a lamb or practicing a concentration
      exercise. ~Chantel

      Hi Chantel hope you are well :)

      Rudolf Steiner shared his knowledge with us as a huge gift to
      humanity. Self-knowledge in Spiritual Affairs is extremely
      important. So when someones says I visted you in your sleep you can
      say (thanks to Dr Steiner) .. the science is not correct. In order
      for you to visit me I have to perceive you inside me and in turn
      express outwardly your form from what I perceived you to be.

      They might be doing this but with the correct spiritual science
      knowledge it may be understood correctly and then the one realises
      there are check and balances. Thanks to Dr Steiner the knowledge
      very important.

      Basic example but many similiar areas Dr Steiner's work corrects
      untruths purely because of the science.

      Also, we cannot read in the spiritual worlds - we take in visual
      picture forms but actually reading of words is not able. The Doctor
      explains this to us. So while in Earth it is important to read as
      much as we can so we take this information with us into the spritual
      worlds and have a better understanding of the worlds around us.

      My thoughts
      Caryn
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
        <thepathofthesunflower@...> wrote:
        >> God's Son as an example for us to follow.
        >I do believe this 'philosophy' is in accordance to Dr Steiner's work.
        > Mediatations on the Signs of the Zodiac by John Jocelyn Rudolf
        > Steiner Press being my knowledge of this principle
        > Love Caryn
        Dear Caryn,
        Used to have that book.
        In conclusion to "According to Luke", Dr. Steiner spoke of the meaning
        of the fundamental words,"Peace in human hearts in whom goodwill
        dwells."
        "More than any other document, the Luke Gospel, if fully understood,
        fills human souls with the warm love that allows peace to dwell on
        earth as the most exquisite reflection of divine mysteries."
        Earlier he gave,
        "Until individuals are fully illumined by self-awareness, until they
        can distinquish between good and evil, from within the I,their
        earlier, original nature is visible through the veil of later
        degradation. Only the childlike element in modern human beings
        preserves a remnant of human nature as it was before we succombed to
        the influence of Luciferic beings."
        Recently found Starman's "East Meets West" articles. The one "Various
        Thoughts:The Fourth Dimension, Astroposophy" is very informative. He
        mentions astrologer Robert Powell( has series,one title on
        reincarnation). Have you seen his books? Starman also mentions Willi
        Sucher, whose works at the time of his 2003 article, were not
        available. SteinerbooksCatalog03/04 has his Cosmic Christianity.NINA
      • thepathofthesunflower
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006
          Hi Nina

          Hope you are well - we went a bit quite didn't we!
          I haven't read Robert Powell but will look out for it.

          I loved what you said : "Peace in human hearts in whom goodwill
          dwells."

          A wonderful affirmative thought for the day :)

          Love and Light
          Caryn
        • Nina
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 6, 2006
            --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
            <thepathofthesunflower@...>
            > I haven't read Robert Powell but will look out for it...Caryn
            Enjoy your holiday Caryn!
            When I read your history, thought you'd like these books:
            Christian Hermetic Astrology:The Star of Magi and the Life of Christ
            Hermetic Astrology,vol.1, Astrology and Reincarnation
            Hermetic Astrology,vol.2, Astrological Biography(significance of time
            fr conception to birth considered in relation to the unfolding of
            human biography in seven-year cycles.)
            Your peaceful radiance is an inspiration. NINA
          • thepathofthesunflower
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 7, 2006
              --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <emeraldnina@...> wrote:

              > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
              > <thepathofthesunflower@>
              > > I haven't read Robert Powell but will look out for it...Caryn
              > Enjoy your holiday Caryn!
              > When I read your history, thought you'd like these books:
              > Christian Hermetic Astrology:The Star of Magi and the Life of Christ
              > Hermetic Astrology,vol.1, Astrology and Reincarnation
              > Hermetic Astrology,vol.2, Astrological Biography(significance of time
              > fr conception to birth considered in relation to the unfolding of
              > human biography in seven-year cycles.)
              > Your peaceful radiance is an inspiration. NINA

              Those books sound wonderful - thanks so much Nina.
              Your gentle wisdom is beautiful and appreciated.

              Much love
              Caryn