Re: Gurdjieff

  • thepathofthesunflower
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
      I think James is quite profound and has a wisdom not many people
      would understand. The burden of knowledge is a yoke. I think James
      is carrying this yoke and needs support... he has acquired a rare
      insight. I wouldn't mind James being a member here; the least we
      could do is offer friendship.

      Matthew you wrote:
      The problem has to do with Gurdjieff's fundamentally negative
      approach. He begun his philosophy from the standpoint that man is
      trapped in a sort of hypnotic sleep and that only super effort and
      intentional suffering can awaken the slumbering will ..

      I am not familiar with Gurdjieff's work (although after James I have
      a inkling) but what you wrote above I think rings true with Astrology.

      I hope Starman agrees with me here; the philosophy of Astrology
      (although astrology is not a philosophy it is the Divine plan of
      Creation) the principle of Astrology is;

      We each in turn go through the wheel of each Zodiac Sign. Once we
      have accomplished and attained the highest possible note or octave in
      each sign we advance to the next sign. Until we have achieved the
      highest combination of octaves in all the signs and break through the
      Circle of Life.

      We know each Sign has its Ruling Planet and each Sign and Planet has
      a negative or positive state. The negative being the lower nature
      and the positive being the higher nature.

      So in a way we are in a hypnotic sleep unless we awaken our
      slumbering Will/Ego and attain the positive (together with the
      negative to understand or appreciate the positive)the keyword being :
      awake with knowledge in order to break the Wheel of Karma. And it
      done through self effort and self knowledge. We either asleep or we
      are awake.

      Jesus Christ did this. The Risen Man. God's Son as an example for
      us to follow.

      I do believe this 'philosophy' is in accordance to Dr Steiner's work.
      Mediatations on the Signs of the Zodiac by John Jocelyn Rudolf
      Steiner Press being my knowledge of this principle.

      Love
      Caryn
    • thepathofthesunflower
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
        Chantel wrote:
        Haha, well, the power of attention and intention was Gurdjieff's aim
        I believe. The worst thing we can do is be passive. I can sit down
        to a Steiner lecture or book and passively read the information and
        waste a WHOLE lot of time. Or I can be attentive and alive and
        acknowledge the power of my mind. Sometimes being attentive needs
        strengthened. It is needed for ritual and practice in all sorts.
        Whether you are sacrificing a lamb or practicing a concentration
        exercise. ~Chantel

        Hi Chantel hope you are well :)

        Rudolf Steiner shared his knowledge with us as a huge gift to
        humanity. Self-knowledge in Spiritual Affairs is extremely
        important. So when someones says I visted you in your sleep you can
        say (thanks to Dr Steiner) .. the science is not correct. In order
        for you to visit me I have to perceive you inside me and in turn
        express outwardly your form from what I perceived you to be.

        They might be doing this but with the correct spiritual science
        knowledge it may be understood correctly and then the one realises
        there are check and balances. Thanks to Dr Steiner the knowledge
        very important.

        Basic example but many similiar areas Dr Steiner's work corrects
        untruths purely because of the science.

        Also, we cannot read in the spiritual worlds - we take in visual
        picture forms but actually reading of words is not able. The Doctor
        explains this to us. So while in Earth it is important to read as
        much as we can so we take this information with us into the spritual
        worlds and have a better understanding of the worlds around us.

        My thoughts
        Caryn
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006
          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
          <thepathofthesunflower@...> wrote:
          >> God's Son as an example for us to follow.
          >I do believe this 'philosophy' is in accordance to Dr Steiner's work.
          > Mediatations on the Signs of the Zodiac by John Jocelyn Rudolf
          > Steiner Press being my knowledge of this principle
          > Love Caryn
          Dear Caryn,
          Used to have that book.
          In conclusion to "According to Luke", Dr. Steiner spoke of the meaning
          of the fundamental words,"Peace in human hearts in whom goodwill
          dwells."
          "More than any other document, the Luke Gospel, if fully understood,
          fills human souls with the warm love that allows peace to dwell on
          earth as the most exquisite reflection of divine mysteries."
          Earlier he gave,
          "Until individuals are fully illumined by self-awareness, until they
          can distinquish between good and evil, from within the I,their
          earlier, original nature is visible through the veil of later
          degradation. Only the childlike element in modern human beings
          preserves a remnant of human nature as it was before we succombed to
          the influence of Luciferic beings."
          Recently found Starman's "East Meets West" articles. The one "Various
          Thoughts:The Fourth Dimension, Astroposophy" is very informative. He
          mentions astrologer Robert Powell( has series,one title on
          reincarnation). Have you seen his books? Starman also mentions Willi
          Sucher, whose works at the time of his 2003 article, were not
          available. SteinerbooksCatalog03/04 has his Cosmic Christianity.NINA
        • thepathofthesunflower
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006
            Hi Nina

            Hope you are well - we went a bit quite didn't we!
            I haven't read Robert Powell but will look out for it.

            I loved what you said : "Peace in human hearts in whom goodwill
            dwells."

            A wonderful affirmative thought for the day :)

            Love and Light
            Caryn
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6, 2006
              --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
              <thepathofthesunflower@...>
              > I haven't read Robert Powell but will look out for it...Caryn
              Enjoy your holiday Caryn!
              When I read your history, thought you'd like these books:
              Christian Hermetic Astrology:The Star of Magi and the Life of Christ
              Hermetic Astrology,vol.1, Astrology and Reincarnation
              Hermetic Astrology,vol.2, Astrological Biography(significance of time
              fr conception to birth considered in relation to the unfolding of
              human biography in seven-year cycles.)
              Your peaceful radiance is an inspiration. NINA
            • thepathofthesunflower
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2006
                --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <emeraldnina@...> wrote:

                > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "thepathofthesunflower"
                > <thepathofthesunflower@>
                > > I haven't read Robert Powell but will look out for it...Caryn
                > Enjoy your holiday Caryn!
                > When I read your history, thought you'd like these books:
                > Christian Hermetic Astrology:The Star of Magi and the Life of Christ
                > Hermetic Astrology,vol.1, Astrology and Reincarnation
                > Hermetic Astrology,vol.2, Astrological Biography(significance of time
                > fr conception to birth considered in relation to the unfolding of
                > human biography in seven-year cycles.)
                > Your peaceful radiance is an inspiration. NINA

                Those books sound wonderful - thanks so much Nina.
                Your gentle wisdom is beautiful and appreciated.

                Much love
                Caryn