Soul-Calendar Week 34

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.
      version of the new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 4 *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend f�hlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkr�fte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend mich ins Dasein pr�gen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
      self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the
      world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead
      wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be
      Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
      mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life,
      and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in
      such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

      some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, December 3rd. Moon Gemini. St. Francis Xavier.

      Monday, December 4th. Moon Gemini. Full Moon. Thomas Carlyle b. 1795.
      Galvani d. 1798

      Tuesday, December 5th. Moon Gemini. Mozart died 1791.

      Wednesday, December 6th. Moon Cancer. Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the
      way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to
      shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold
      through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry
      and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we
      give gifts to children.) Max Muller the Orientalist born 1833.

      Thursday, December 7th. Moon Cancer. First German railroad opened 1835.

      Friday, December 8th. Moon Leo. Festival of the Conception of Mary
      (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).
      Herbert Spencer died 1903.

      Saturday, December 9th. Moon Leo. Poet Milton born 1608.

      ******The Planets: The Moon will be seen next to the planet Saturn Friday
      and Saturday nights. It appears as a bright yellowish 'star'.

      Dr. Starman

      Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends