Soul-Calendar, Week 30

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 0 *

      Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht
      Des Denkens reife Fr�chte
      In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit
      Verwandelt alles F�hlen sich.
      Empfinden kann ich freudevoll
      Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:
      Der Winter wird in mir
      Den Seelensommer wecken.

      There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light
      Thinking's ripening Fruis;
      Into Self-Consciousness' certainty
      It transforms all Feelings.
      I can perceive joyously
      The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:
      The Winter becomes in me
      The Soul-Summer's wakening.

      This week's mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.
      Last week, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer
      experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a
      feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.
      This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all
      our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience
      awakens. As the plants arise in spring, our feelings rise into consciousness
      in the soul as the Light within makes an "inner spring."

      **********************************

      some of the spiritual figures AND EVENTS connected with the days.

      Sunday, November 5th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

      Monday, November 6th. Moon Gemini. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of
      Lithography, born.

      Tuesday, November 7th. Moon Gemini. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

      Wednesday, November 8th. Moon Cancer. 1674 Milton died.

      Thursday, November 9th. Moon Cancer. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who
      because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered
      by the Langobards.

      Friday, November 10th. Moon Leo. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

      Saturday, November 11th. Moon Leo. St. Martin's Day.

    • thepathofthesunflower
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
        Hi

        I am a new member; just signed in. I am a great admirer of Rudolf
        Steiner and have read his works and have these books; Occult
        Science, Esoteric Science (being the same but esoteric science a re-
        edit) Life beyond Death, Polarities of Evolution, Christianity as a
        Mystical Fact .. and anything else that I have managed to find on
        the internet.

        I particularly like the subject of this topic as well. I would say
        just about my favourite book is 'Meditations on the Signs of the
        Zodiac' by John Jocelyn - Rudolf Steiner press.

        A truly wonderful book; fully inspired by Steiner. Symbols are so
        rich in spiritual treasure - the way they sum up so much knowledge
        into one sign.

        I am an amateur astrologer and this book, to me, is the glory of the
        Cosmic World.

        Well, I hope to discuss further the genius Rudolf Steiner's work
        with you all and thanks for the Cosmic post Mr Starman - a
        delightful read.

        Regards
        Caryn
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
          ******* Welcome to the group, Caryn. We don't use this group anything near
          what it could be used for, because most of the members are "lurkers" ---- in
          fact, most have set their membership to not get the e-mail, which means they
          go to the web site to read the messages occasionally and who knows when? So,
          ongoing conversations are rare----- and for several years now, since Yahoo
          changed its policies, it also means that they can get only the inartistic,
          Ahrimanic "dead letter", since no images attached to the posts are stored in
          the messages. So we have to put images in the Files section of the group,
          and then we can't tell if everybody is looking at the right one because they
          don't get them in real-time.... I've given up on trying to do a series of
          lessons due to these
          limitations, so I pretty much just post the soul-calendar mantra each week
          for anyone interested in using the passage of Time as a meditation.

          But one thing we have succeeded at is doing a study together for the 12
          Holy Nights every year, and we were just discussing what we'd like to take
          up then. One person suggested taking up the Gospel of St. John. I'm
          currently reading Spiritual Beings in the Heavenly Bodies & the Kingdoms of
          Nature again. There's a lot relating to astrology in many of these lecture
          cycles. That's my particular interest, and it appears to be an interest in
          many members here. It would be very good to have some actual "Goethean
          conversation" here, which studying a book together can stimulate, although
          we still have been above- mentioned restrictions affecting us. Perhaps you
          could make a suggestion of what you'd like to study or what you'd like to
          see the group do.

          -starman

          >Fr om: "thepathofthesunflower" <audioptics@...>
          >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [steiner] Re: Soul-Calendar, Week 30
          >Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:43:13 -0000
          >
          >Hi
          >
          >I am a new member; just signed in. I am a great admirer of Rudolf
          >Steiner and have read his works and have these books; Occult
          >Science, Esoteric Science (being the same but esoteric science a re-
          >edit) Life beyond Death, Polarities of Evolution, Christianity as a
          >Mystical Fact .. and anything else that I have managed to find on
          >the internet.
          >
          >I particularly like the subject of this topic as well. I would say
          >just about my favourite book is 'Meditations on the Signs of the
          >Zodiac' by John Jocelyn - Rudolf Steiner press.
          >
          >A truly wonderful book; fully inspired by Steiner. Symbols are so
          >rich in spiritual treasure - the way they sum up so much knowledge
          >into one sign.
          >
          >I am an amateur astrologer and this book, to me, is the glory of the
          >Cosmic World.
          >
          >Well, I hope to discuss further the genius Rudolf Steiner's work
          >with you all and thanks for the Cosmic post Mr Starman - a
          >delightful read.
          >
          >Regards
          >Caryn

          Get today's hot entertainment gossip
          http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001
        • k avison
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006

            This is belt & braces posting!

            Yes, some Goethean conversation would be good, but, it seems my messages never appear. I wonder why?

            p.s. I really don’t see any conspiracy in it, but something seems wrong with the system since my earlier postings came through without difficulty!

            href="mailto:audioptics%40mweb.co.za">audioptics@mweb. co.za>

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
              ******* Well, that mesasage came through fine. If any members don't see a
              post appear, they can e-mail me directly and I'll see what I can find out at
              Yahoo. I never seem to have any problems.

              -starman
              DrStarman@...
              www.DrStarman.com

            • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
                I think people are clicking on the wrong link in the message "send to" box.  On my box several steiner groups pop up.

                ~Be a heretic of reality~

              • thepathofthesunflower
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
                  --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Cheeseandsalsa@... wrote:

                  > I think people are clicking on the wrong link in the message "send
                  to" box.
                  > On my box several steiner groups pop up.
                  >

                  > ~Be a heretic of reality~

                  As far as I can see there seem to be two ways in sending messages.
                  Either through email steiner@egroups.com or a direct reply like I am
                  doing here. I take it; the messages sent via email are automatically
                  routed here without any personal interface required. I understand how
                  frustrating it can be to type a message directly and see it disappear
                  into the realms of nowhere.

                  I am sure it is not difficult to get into a routine of sending
                  messages; says me with confidence :) as they say practice makes
                  perfect.

                  While Im here thats quite an interesting tag line 'Be a heretic of
                  reality' - if I may add my two pennies worth : it is said the human
                  body is the greatest mystery of all. Therefore reality is the
                  greatest mystery. So if I am right saying 'heretic of reality' is
                  saying 'non-believer of reality'. It is a point; reality is a
                  manifestation of spirit and hence is not actually solid. But then
                  surely this manifestation is deserving of belief to make it real?

                  Just my ramblings; please argue with me if you think otherwise :)

                  Now to hit the send button; trusting it will work!

                  My regards
                  Caryn