Re: [steiner] I Never Give Up !!! / Holy Nights Study

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      I would love to take a refreshing look again at the Gospel of St. John lectures.  They are extraordinary.  Or possibly the three lectures on the St. John lectures?  Do you know which ones I am talking about?  I can't seem to name them at the moment.  Maybe there were more than three.  ~Chantel

      "The genuine practitioners of the love of and the search for wisdom will be but a small remnant... Those who belong to this small class have tasted how sweet and blessed a possession of philosophy is." Plato, The Commonwealth IV
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
        Well, there were 2 lecture cycles on the Gospel of St. John, both in 1908.
        The most well-known ones were in Hamburg, in May 1908 I believe. I think
        they are available to read for free on the Steiner e-library, and they're an
        excellent lecture cycle for beginners. I have them in English and also the
        German original. That would certainly be a good choice to study.

        >From: Cheeseandsalsa@...
        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [steiner] I Never Give Up !!! / Holy Nights Study
        >Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:21:40 EST
        >
        >I would love to take a refreshing look again at the Gospel of St. John
        >lectures. They are extraordinary. Or possibly the three lectures on the
        >St. John
        >lectures? Do you know which ones I am talking about? I can't seem to
        >name
        >them at the moment. Maybe there were more than three. ~Chantel
        >
        >"The genuine practitioners of the love of and the search for wisdom will
        >be
        >but a small remnant... Those who belong to this small class have tasted
        >how
        >sweet and blessed a possession of philosophy is." Plato, The Commonwealth
        >IV

        Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
        Live Search!
        http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline