RE: [steiner] I Never Give Up !!! / Holy Nights Study

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2006
      >From: "Mary Ellen Armstrong" <maryellenrayofsun@...>
      >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [steiner] I Never Give Up !!!!!
      >Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:19:35 -0000
      >
      > Much of what has been described on the home page of this group
      >involves topics that I have either written about or held workshops
      >on...So my question is; WHERE ARE THE TWO LETTERS THAT I HAVE
      >REPOSTED
      >FOUR TIMES EACH ???????
      > I would think Dr. Steiner would be rather perplexed and
      >somewhat appauled at this....I know that this is not a Yahoo glitch !
      >Perhaps
      >many of the group are not open minded toward Psychics and Mediums
      >such
      >as myself. But, although I cannot mention names, the list of Steiner
      >devotees that have and still come to me for readings is quite
      >extensive.
      > My original letter albeit written very well, must have hit a
      >nerve...which proves my point entirely.....Many Anthroposophists
      >sequester themselves from those who are not so inclided to conduct
      >their lives in a protective bubble....I have noticed that with the
      >Mormons as well....And my right to say these things is not only
      >because I am an American....but also because I have been intimately
      >involved in both arenas...Sorry guys, the Mormons win hands down
      >because they post all my letters whether they agree with me or
      >not !!!!!
      > I know there is a godd explanation for all of this, and would
      >urge the "powers that be" to rely on their sense of honour to
      >respond to me.....Peace, Mary Ellen Armstrong....

      ******* Well, as far as I know, no one could have diverted or blocked your
      e-mails from appearing here once you joined---- not even me, the moderator.
      It must have been a problem with how you sent them, as the ones you're
      sending now seem to be going through fine. What I've taken to doing is
      copying an e-mail just before I hit the 'send' button because sometimes
      there's glitch and a letter I worked on for a half an hour vanishes....or
      you can check the box that saves a copy of it in your "Sent' folder to
      re-send it if it doesn't get there. Computers can be quite unforciving, as
      we all know, with even one letter error in an address.

      On that subject, well, in spirit science we are exhorted to master the
      ordinary world before trying to enter the spirit world, because if we're
      illogical here we will be there as well. We're also told to suppress
      fantastic thinking, paranoia and other emotional ailments before opening up
      psychically, as they will become so exaggerated once we do. It sounds like
      something you perhaps need to work on a bit.

      On another topic, there's less than 60 days before Christmas, when we
      traditionally do our Holy Nights study together. Last year's went very
      poorly, and at least a part of it was that we didn't start choosing a book
      or anything until very close to Christmas. So it would be good if we started
      thinking about it early this year. What would people like to study
      intensively together for the 12 Holy Nights? There are lots of books and
      lectures available at the online Steiner library.

      -starman

      Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
      route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001
    • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        I would love to take a refreshing look again at the Gospel of St. John lectures.  They are extraordinary.  Or possibly the three lectures on the St. John lectures?  Do you know which ones I am talking about?  I can't seem to name them at the moment.  Maybe there were more than three.  ~Chantel

        "The genuine practitioners of the love of and the search for wisdom will be but a small remnant... Those who belong to this small class have tasted how sweet and blessed a possession of philosophy is." Plato, The Commonwealth IV
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          Well, there were 2 lecture cycles on the Gospel of St. John, both in 1908.
          The most well-known ones were in Hamburg, in May 1908 I believe. I think
          they are available to read for free on the Steiner e-library, and they're an
          excellent lecture cycle for beginners. I have them in English and also the
          German original. That would certainly be a good choice to study.

          >From: Cheeseandsalsa@...
          >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [steiner] I Never Give Up !!! / Holy Nights Study
          >Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:21:40 EST
          >
          >I would love to take a refreshing look again at the Gospel of St. John
          >lectures. They are extraordinary. Or possibly the three lectures on the
          >St. John
          >lectures? Do you know which ones I am talking about? I can't seem to
          >name
          >them at the moment. Maybe there were more than three. ~Chantel
          >
          >"The genuine practitioners of the love of and the search for wisdom will
          >be
          >but a small remnant... Those who belong to this small class have tasted
          >how
          >sweet and blessed a possession of philosophy is." Plato, The Commonwealth
          >IV

          Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
          Live Search!
          http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline