Question/Nazi's/Goetheanum

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2006
      I just bought the book "The Spear of Destiny" by Trevor Ravenscroft.  He claims the Nazi's burned down the Goetheanum but Starman says they didn't do it.  Is this a credible book?  Who does Starman believe burned it down?  Ravenscroft lays down an entire thesis of the Anti-Christ having the spear of destiny Steiner warning us of it.  How much Stein knew the personal life of Hitler etc.  Where does Walter Johannes Stein sit with Steiner in this book?  The questions are very short sighted since I havne't started reading the book yet.  ~Chantel

      ~Be a heretic of reality~

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
        ******* The Spear of Destiny was the book that introduced me to Steiner over
        30 years ago, and it is sensationally written. But unfortunately a third to
        a half of it was just made up. Ravenscroft was an alcoholic in dire need of
        money at the time, so he determined to "make a killing" with it.
        Anthroposophists were furious at him for years: he made up a bit by writing
        a second book, The Cup of Destiny, that has all the truthful stuff in it
        about the Grail and the spiritual path, without all the lies and distortions
        he used to make money in the first. And there were plenty of those!

        For instance, Walter Johannes Stein NEVER knew Adolf Hitler, I was told
        flatly by two of his other pupils whom he confided in extensively. Stein
        never met him when Hitler was young in Vienna, and never "advised Churchill"
        about him. That was a device Ravenscroft used to put fictitious speculation
        about Hitler into the book as if a direct witness----Stein, who was by then
        conveniently dead---- had seen and heard it first-hand. There are numerous
        other errors/ falsehoods in the book: for instance, about Himmler being the
        "World-Doppelganger", about Steiner having rabbits killed when he went to
        Count Keyserlink's estate to lecture on Bio-Dynamic Agriculture, even
        perhaps the sensational stories about Hitler using peyote as part of a
        brotherhood's initiation ritual. Llikewise, Ravenscroft's account of the
        burning of the Goetheanum is fictitious: no dead bodies were found in the
        ruins, of an arsonist or anyone else. It was local Swiss who were certainly
        responsible, not any people who came across the border from Germany. This
        happened in 1922, remember, when there was virtually no Nazi Party yet:
        Hitler tried to take over the government the following year in the
        ridiculous Beer Hall Putsch with Ludendorff and a handful of others. He
        didn't have thousands of operatives working for him as he would ten years
        later in the Night of the Long Knives.

        It's unfortunate that such a book is marred by falsehoods, because a lot
        of it may indeed be true, about the Spear, for instance: but we must always
        use our minds to sift truth from falsehood anyway, from any source.

        >From: Cheeseandsalsa@...
        >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [steiner] Question/Nazi's/Goetheanum
        >Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:28:01 EDT
        >
        >I just bought the book "The Spear of Destiny" by Trevor Ravenscroft. He
        >claims the Nazi's burned down the Goetheanum but Starman says they didn't
        >do it.
        > Is this a credible book? Who does Starman believe burned it down?
        >Ravenscroft lays down an entire thesis of the Anti-Christ having the spear
        >of
        >destiny Steiner warning us of it. How much Stein knew the personal life
        >of Hitler
        >etc. Where does Walter Johannes Stein sit with Steiner in this book? The
        >questions are very short sighted since I havne't started reading the book
        >yet.
        >~Chantel
        >

        >~Be a heretic of reality~

        trip!
        http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline
      • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2006
          Omg, I can't believe the crap that gets published.  I couldn't read it due to strong intuitive resistance.  I just couldn't read it and when I was trying I kept hearing odd noises.
          Thanks for your work Starman.  ~All good things, Chantel

          "The genuine practitioners of the love of and the search for wisdom will be but a small remnant... Those who belong to this small class have tasted how sweet and blessed a possession of philosophy is." Plato, The Commonwealth IV