RE: [steiner] Picture of the first Goetheum

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2006
      ******* It was DEFINITELY the work of an arsonist, and NOT a Nazi agent (as
      Trevor Ravenscroft and other s have said). I investigated it and found out
      that the Catholic priest in the nearby town of Arlesheim had been calling
      the Anthroposophical Society HQ the work of the devil for years, and had
      worked up many young members of his church to take action. When the fire
      started, Steiner's people found that the locals had slashed all the fire
      hoses in advance so it couldn't be put out. Not too likely to have that
      happen to have been done and then an accidental fire start.

      The reason why the Society doesn't want to talk about this is that these
      local people still have families there. The perpetrators are all dead now
      but their children and grandchildren are still around.

      I have yet to get a copy of the police report but I was tiold it
      conclusively determined arson ---- as did the insurance inspectors.