Soul-Calendar, Week 26 after Easter (Michaelmas Verse)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 2 6 * (Michaelmas)

      Natur, deine m�tterliches Sein,
      Ich trage es in meinem Willenswesen;
      Und meines Willens Feuermacht,
      Sie st�hlet meines Geistes Triebe,
      Dass sie geb�ren Selbstgef�hl,
      Zu tragen mich in mir.

      Nature, your mother-like Being,
      I carry you in my Will-Essence;
      And my Will's Fiery Might,
      It steels my Spirit-Drive,
      That this bears Self-Feeling,
      To carry myself in me.

      An interpretation of the mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we have in summer.

      Last week this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of
      being completely alone, so that the Light which within could be shed on the
      otherwise dark outer world.

      This week is the mood of Michaelmas verse itself---the developing
      ego-consciousness we have at this season we can feel is the Being of Nature
      itself, and we carry this into our own Wills; then, the will can give
      'steel' or 'backbone' to the drives of our conscious human spirits, so that
      they have a stamp of Self-feeling ---- and if we flow with this, then, we
      have the experience of a second Self we carry within our ordinary selves.

      **********************************

      Sunday, October 8th. Moon Taurus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of
      the University of Wittenberg.

      Monday, October 9th. Moon Taurus. Dionysius (he who conducted the counting
      of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing
      the celebration of the Easter festival).

      Tuesday, October 10th. Moon Gemini. Gideon.

      Wednesday, October 11th. Moon Gemini. 1531 Zwingli died.

      Thursday, October 12th. Moon Cancer. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
      Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

      Friday, October 13th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter.
      Angelus.

      Saturday, October 14th. Moon Leo. Callistus.