Soul-Calendar, Week 25 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      *******Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar. -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 2 5 *

      Ich darf nun mir geh�ren
      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
      Zum Schlafe dr�ngt nat�rlich Wesen,
      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
      Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I now must belong only to myself
      And lightening, spread Inner Light
      Into Space and Time darkness.
      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
      Into the cold Winter-flowing.

      Partial interpretation of this week's mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we have in summer.
      Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware of itself
      which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will
      was unleashed.
      This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where
      it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which is only
      within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar
      essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

      **********************************

      Sunday, October 1st. Moon Capricorn. 1386 Founding of the University of
      Heidelburg. 1847 Annie Besant born.

      Monday, October 2nd. Moon Aquarius. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in
      Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

      Tuesday, October 3rd. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of
      Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Wednesday, October 4th. Moon Pisces. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in
      Egypt in the 4th Century). 1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      Thursday, October 5th. Moon Pisces. Placidus (bringer of Christianity to
      Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

      Friday, October 6th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
      Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

      Saturday, October 7th. Moon Aries. Serapius.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

        Ich darf nun mir gehören

        Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht

        In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.

        Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,

        Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen

        Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten

        In kalte Winterfluten.

        I now must belong only to myself

        And lightening, spread Inner Light

        Into Space and Time darkness.

        As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,

        The Souls's Deeps shall awaken

        And waking, carry the Sun's Glow

        Into the cold Winter-flowing.

        This week's mantram:

           The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Outer Nature is heading towards 'Sleep' while we awaken.

           Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed.

          This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. First Quarter. Regina.

        Monday, September 8th. Moon Capricorn. Birth of Mary.

                                                           Corbinianus, spreader of Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

        Tuesday, September 9th. Moon Capricorn. 1828 Tolstoy born.

        Wednesday, September 10th. Moon Capricorn. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

        Thursday, September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

        Friday, September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.

        Saturday, September 13th. Moon Pisces. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. The moon will pass by it Monday and Tuesday nights. It has been the only 'evening star' but Venus is now becoming visible each night above the setting sun.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 231 KB
        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                      ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

         *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

        Ich darf nun mir gehören

[...]

        .

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, September 27th. Moon Capricorn.  Cosmas and Damian, famous medical benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.

        Monday, September 28th. Moon Aquarius.  1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

        Tuesday, September 29th. Moon Aquarius.  Michael (the Archangel).

        Wednesday, September 30th. Moon Pisces. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

        .

        Thursday,  October 1st. Moon Pisces. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

         .

        Friday,  October 2nd. Moon Pisces. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

        Saturday,  October 3rd. Moon Aries. Full Moon.  Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky. The waxing moon will be seen near it Monday and Tuesday nights.

        Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now