Soul-Calendar, Week 24 after Easter

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 2 4 *

      Sich selbst erschaffend stets,
      Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;
      Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort
      In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt
      Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis
      Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

      In continually shaping one's Self,
      Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;
      The World-Spirit, it strives forward
      In Self-Knowledge newly living
      And shapes out of Soul-Darkness
      The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

      A partial interpretation:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking
      dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a
      spiritual 'seed' was planted, and it now ripens into a Self-consciousness
      instead of Nature-consciousness.
      This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating
      of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware
      of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and
      through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

      **********************************

      Sunday, September 24th. Moon Scorpio. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner
      born.

      Monday, September 25th. Moon Scorpio. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
      Gospels).

      Tuesday, September 26th. Moon Scorpio. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
      Magicians.
      Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

      Wednesday,September 27th. Moon Sagittarius. Cosmas and Damian, famous
      medical
      benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first
      railway.

      Thursday,September 28th. Moon Sagittarius. 1895 the Natural Scientist
      Pasteur died.

      Friday, September 29th. Moon Capricorn. Michael (the Archangel).

      Saturday, September 30th. Moon Capricorn. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian
      Church teacher.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 24, 2006
        ******* The bright "star" you'll see next to the Moon in the West shortly
        after sunset Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights, is actually the planet
        Jupiter. The moon appears to the right of it Monday night and willl have
        passed to its left by Tuesday night (west to east of it).

        To the left of both of these, low in the southern sky, can be seen the
        constellations Scorpius and Sagittarius. They're only visible for a few
        months in summer in the Northern Hemisphere. The moon will pass through them
        this week, reaching half moon (first quarter) by Saturday night.

        -starman

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era.
          A version of a new symbolic image of the LION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,

          Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

          The World-Spirit, it strives forward

          In Self-Knowledge newly living

          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

             The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, amd it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness; that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience. We begin to wake up out of our summer waking-dream state.

               This week, as this process is ongoing,  the Soul becomes aware of itself through the constant creating of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, August 31st. Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses.

                                                                    1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

          Monday, September 1st. Moon Libra. Firminus.

          Tuesday, September 2nd. Moon Libra. Absalom.

          Wednesday, September 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Eusebius.

          Thursday, September 4th. Moon Scorpio. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

          Friday, September 5th. Moon Scorpio. Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

          Saturday, September 6th. Moon Sagittarius.Zacharias the Prophet.

                                                                                  1729 Moses Mendelssohn born.

                                                                                  1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

             JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. It is currently the only 'evening star' but Venus will soon join it.

          Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20, 2009
          • 1 Attachment
          • 29 KB

          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
             Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                        ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

           *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,

          The Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

          The World-Spirit, it strives forward

          In Self-Knowledge newly living

          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

          This week's mantra:

             The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, amd it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness.

             This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the unconsious soul-contents; and through awareness of this Self, our conscious Will ia able to bear its fruit, our creations.

                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, September 20th. Moon Libra. Castor.

          Monday, September 21st. Moon Scorpio.  Matthew (the Evangelist).

          Tuesday, September 22nd. Moon Scorpio. 1452 Savanarola born.

          Wednesday, September 23rd. Moon Sagittarius. 63 B.C. Augustus born.

          .

          Thursday, September 24th. Moon Sagttarius. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

           .

          Friday, September 25th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

          Saturday, September 26th. Moon Capricorn.  Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.

                      Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

                     ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

          PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky. The waxing moon, almost half-full, will be seen near it Saurday night.

          Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now
          Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2010
          • 1 Attachment
          • 231 KB
               The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                 ****** *
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he sais corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

          *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,

          Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

          The World-Spirit, it strives forward

          In Self-Knowledge newly living

          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

          An interpretation of this week's mantra, based on working with the soul-calendar mantras:

             The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, and it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness. That which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

              This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

                                                      ***** ********* ********* *

                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, September 12th Moon Scorpio.  Tobias.

          Monday,  September 13th.  Moon Sagittarius. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

          Tuesday,  September 14th. Moon Sagittarius. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius, brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander von Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

          Wednesday,   September 15th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a leader).

          Thursday,   September 16th. Moon Capricorn. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit died.

          Friday,    September 17th Moon Captricorn.  Justinus.

          Saturday,    September 18th. Moon Aquarius. Titus (School of Paul).

                                                    ***** ****

          PLANETS in the Night Sky:

          Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

          Almost equally JUPITER is also an evening star, but in the East, opposite Venus, rising as it sets.

          Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
          • 1 Attachment
          • 29 KB
          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

              Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

          The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE

              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,

          The Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

          The World-Spirit, it strives forward

          In Self-Knowledge newly living

          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

             The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, amd it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness.

              This week in that process, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self; this Self IS the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, October 2nd. Moon Sagittarius.
          Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

           Monday,
          October 3rd. Moon Capricorn. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

            Tuesday,
          October 4th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

          .Wednesday,
          October 5th. Moon Aquarius.   Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

          Thursday, October 6th. Moon Aquarius.   Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

          Friday, October 7
          th. Moon Pisces.  Serapius.

          Saturday, October 8th. Moon Pisces.
           Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

          "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise.

          Message 7 of 8 , Sep 16, 2012
          • 1 Attachment
          • 29 KB

              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

           *  MANTRA # 24 *

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,

          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;

          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort

          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt

          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis

          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,

          The Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;

          The World-Spirit, it strives forward

          In Self-Knowledge newly living

          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness

          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

             The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted. It now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness.

             This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self; this Self IS the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday,  September 16th. Moon Libra. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit died.

          Monday,   September 17th. Moon Libra Justinus.

          Tuesday,  September 18th. Moon Scorpio Titus (School of Paul).

          Wednesday,   September 19th. Moon Scorpio.  Eustachius.

          Thursday,  September 20th. Moon Sagittarius.   Castor.

          Friday
           September 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Matthew (the Evangelist).

          Saturday,  September 22nd. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter.
          1452 Savanarola born.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
             Reddish Mars is still visible low in the southwest for about an hour after sunset. The crescent moon will be seen close to it Wednesday night.

          Message 8 of 8 , Sep 8, 2013
          • 1 Attachment
          • 231 KB

[...]

          Sunday, September 8th. Moon Scorpio.  Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of

                                            Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

          Monday, September 9th. Moon Scorpio. 1828 Tolstoy born.

          Tuesday, September 10th. Moon Scorpio.  Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

          Wednesday,  September 11th. Moon Sagittarius.Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

          Thursday, September 12th. Moon Sagittarius. First Quarter.  Tobias.

          Friday  September 13th. Moon Capricorn. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

          Saturday,  September 14th. Moon Capricorn. Heraclius, Festival of the High Cross.

                   brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander von Humboldt born. 1887 The

                    Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. Dimmer yellow Saturn is above and to the left of it. The crescent moon is near Venus Sunday night and Saturn Monday night.

              Venus will conjunct Saturn about the 18th.