Soul Calendar Week 23

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A
      version of the new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
      attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * * M A N T R A # 2 3 *
      Es d�mpfet herbstlich sich
      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
      Der Sommer hat an mich
      Sich selber hingegeben.

      There is muffled Autumnally
      The Senses' streaming Charms;
      In Light-Revealings is mingled
      The Fog's musty Veil.
      I myself see in Space-Widenesses
      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
      The Summer has to me
      Its own self given over.

      A partial interpretation of this week's mantra:
      Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
      Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
      working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the
      time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the
      external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if
      awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to
      become inner Self Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no
      longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why
      the symbol of the warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas,
      summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer
      nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.
      This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses'
      summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience
      now becomes our inner self-experience.

      Sunday, September 17th. Moon Leo. Justinus.

      Monday, September 18th. Moon Leo. Titus (Disciple of Paul).

      Tuesday, September 19th. Moon Virgo. Eustachius.

      Wednesday,September 20th. Moon Virgo. Castor.

      Thursday,September 21st . Moon Virgo. Matthew (the Evangelist).

      Friday, September 22nd. Moon Libra. New Moon. 1452 Savanarola born.

      Saturday, September 23rd. Moon Libra. 63 B.C. Augustus born.