Soul-Calendar, Week 21

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the LION in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 2 1 *
      Ich f�hle fruchtend fremde Macht
      Sich st�rkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
      Den Keim empfind ich reifend
      Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
      Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

      I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
      Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
      I sense the Seed ripening
      And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
      Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

      This week's mantra:
      Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
      the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
      would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
      This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
      dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us
      a 'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be
      able to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not
      be able to tap into.

      **********************************

      Sunday, September 3rd. Moon Capricorn. Eusebius.

      Monday, September 4th. Moon Aquarius. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

      Tuesday, September 5th. Moon Aquarius. Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel
      was named a 'true Israelite').

      Wednesday,September 6th. Moon Pisces. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
      Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

      Thursday,September 7th . Moon Pisces. Fulll Moon. Regina.

      Friday, September 8th. Moon Aries. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of
      Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

      Saturday, September 9th. Moon Aries. 1828 Tolstoy born.