    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      *******Sorry to be late with this week's calendar. -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the LION in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 9 *
      Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
      Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
      Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
      Es soll starkend Eigenkr´┐Żfte
      In meinem Innern wecken
      Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

      Mysteriously the newly-received
      With the Memory to enclose,
      Be my Striving's wider Sense:
      It will strengthen Self-forces
      In my Inner awaken
      And becoming me my self give.

      *******A partial interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose
      ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit
      revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.
      This week that process is at the point where we have received this 'world
      self' in the past month, have taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek
      to enclose this Summer-Event within memory. In the future, the world's very
      essence will become something permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self'
      as it evolves us further.

      Sunday, August 20th. Moon Cancer. 1854 the Philosopher Schelling died.

      Monday, August 21st. Moon Leo. Sigismund.

      Tuesday, August 22nd. Moon Leo. Hippolytus, Christian teacher of the 3rd

      Wednesday, August 23rd. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Claudius.

      Thursday, August 24th. Moon Virgo. Barnabas, the companion of Paul.
      Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

      Friday, August 25th. Moon Virgo. Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900
      Nietzche died. 1844 Herder born.

      Saturday, August 26th. Moon Libra. Samuel the Isarelite Priest.