RE: [steiner] feuds

  • My2Cents
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2006
      Dear Mathew,

      It's been my experience that Anthroposophists are not hypercritical or even critical of Tomberg or Prokofiev. Some, including myself, find Tomberg too unAnthroposophical, differing greatly from Anthroposophy and certainly Steiner. This, I might add, is my personal opinion, gained from reading Tomberg, and I feel my time is far too limited to waste on an unreliable source such as I deem him to be.

      Prokofiev is, in my opinion, unjustly criticized by some Anthroposophists while he is very close to friends I know in Sao Paulo and various regions of the US and UK. Certainly, Prokofiev is always kindly willing to help others to the best of his ability and in a deeply Anthroposophical way - a humble man, brilliant and loving in the sense Steiner also was. I do not understand the antagonism I also have heard expressed a few times toward him, but then I shy away as much as possible from criticism. Just the very word, criticism, reminds me of Steiner's words in "Know Hi Worlds" when he speaks of our having at times to stand and listen to the most ridiculous opinions while we remain neutral and unjudging - or words to that effect.

      Others far more knowledgeable than I must answer these puzzles. As long as I remain with Steiner I know within my very being I am safe, and therefore he is my source.

      Blessings,

      My2Cents