Soul-Calendar, Week 18

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the LION in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      experience.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 8 *
      Kann ich die Seele weiten,
      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden
      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?
      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden
      Die Seele w�rdig zu gestalten
      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen
      That she herself can bind
      To conceived World-Seed-Word?
      I sense that I strength must find
      The Soul worthily to form
      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      A partial interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves
      in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self, in the wintertime.
      This week we feel a fore-sensing of the need for more inner strength, to
      widen ourselves
      more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses'
      beauty
      (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The
      expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed planted within us
      by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at
      Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the
      outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

      Sunday, August 13th. Moon Aries. Hippolytus.

      Monday, August 14th. Moon Taurus. Eusebius.

      Tuesday, August 15th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

      Wednesday, August 16th. Moon Gemini. 1743 the Chemist Lavoisier born.

      Thursday, August 17th. Moon Gemini. Augusta.

      Friday, August 18th. Moon Cancer. Joachim (Father of Maria).

      Saturday, August 19th. Moon Cancer. 1662 Blaise Pascal died.