Fu Manchu

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2006
      Had another whirlwind dream last night. I won't go into detail, but
      in my communications with Satan's animalistic figure I spoke to his
      second personified figure. He said: Fu Chu Lent. I wrote down the
      words in my journal then went back to sleep.

      This afternoon I remembered the words again, and googled them.
      Nothing matched. What I did get, however, was links to sites on Fu
      Man Chu. Before then I had no idea what Fu Man Chu was. Here is
      what I learned.

      He is a fictional character. A master criminal, Fu Manchu works for
      the overthrow of Western civilization. He was featured in a series
      of novels by Birmingham author Sax Rohmer during the early years of
      the 20th century.

      "Imagine a person, tall, lean and feline, high-shouldered, with a
      brow like Shakespeare and a face like Satan, a close-shaven skull,
      and long, magnetic eyes of the true cat-green. Invest him with all
      the cruel cunning of an entire Eastern race, accumulated in one
      giant intellect, with all the resources of science past and present,
      with all the resources, if you will, of a wealthy government--which,
      however, already has denied all knowledge of his existence. Imagine
      that awful being, and you have a mental picture of Dr. Fu-Manchu,
      the yellow peril incarnate in one man."

      -- Nayland Smith to Dr. Petrie,
      The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2006
        ******* "By coincidence", as we say, Matthew, I had just located the series
        of Fu Manchu films done by Hammer in the 60s with Christopher Lee playing Fu
        Manchu and was watching them them for the first time! (Only the first in the
        series, The Face of Fu Manchu, was released widely in the states: there were
        at least 3 more produced in the UK, in addition to Fu Manchu films done in
        the thirties with Boris Karloff as the master of evil.)

        Guilty pleasure, watching old science fiction and fantasy films in the
        evenings...

        Now, clever intellectuals will of course dismiss the popularity of Sax
        Rohmer's series and the "yellow peril" fears as a mere product of racism and
        unworthy of discussion. But as we know from anthroposophy---- and many
        people have intuited without knowing anything of anthroposophy--- our
        Western civilization in which each man as an individual counts for
        something, is not universal but originated less than 3,000 years ago in
        Greece, and has always been threatened by the Eastern civilization in which
        individual human life counts for nothing, but instead subordinates all
        individuals to the group. The Persians tried to strangle it in its cradle,
        and were only prevented from doing so by the sacrifice of the 400 Spartans;
        later, Constantine recognized the need to build a bulwark against the East
        in the same place; the Muslim invasion was the same thing, the
        Christ-filled, upward-lifting West attempting to be destroyed by an Eastern
        indivdual-denying (Christ-denying) mass-mentality movement.

        Later, Karl Marx thought he was serving the spirit of justice with his
        philosophy, but actually served Antichrist, and it was rejected in the West
        but embraced in the retrograde East, leading to the stunting of development
        in Russia, China and the rest of Asia, a setback they are only now
        recovering from... and the new spread of Wahhabi Islam is a replacement for
        Marxism-Leninism: another Shining Path promising relief from individual
        striving and use of personal conscience by banishing the Ego back to the
        group-soul and surrendering all isolated self-consciousness to the whims of
        irrational priests. (Reich wrote about this psychology of fascism.)

        In anthroposophic terms, perhaps we could say the figure of Fu Manchu is
        a sort of vision by a fiction writer of a Luciferic personality distorted by
        Ahrimanic forces, hence an Oriental who uses Western science to attempt to
        conquer the world. Fu Stalin? Osama bin Manchu? Hasn't he recently been
        elected President of Iran?

        But I hesitate to get into present-day politics since there are so many
        people in our movement ---- or at least writing on the internet as if they
        are, though I never see them at annual meetings---- trying to bend Steiner
        into someone who would support theuir socialsm and left-wing views, which he
        emphatically did not. To give you an example of how bad it is, a few years
        ago when we had a discussion on another list allegedly for 'anthroposphy'
        about Steiner's forceast of the Anti-Spirit of the Sun becoming active in
        1998 (as he did in Islam in 666 AD and anti-Christian forces in 1332),
        instead of recognizing Ahrimanic influence in Bin Laden, his tool Mohammed
        Atta, etc., so-called anthroposophists immediately identified the evil
        forces in the world now as ... the U.S.!!!

        So, discussion about world events is pointless without inner work
        sharpening one's perception first, and removing dogma so one can see
        clearly. The perception of the Christ is the most important experience: all
        else can flow from that. It "breaks the ice." Materialist Marxism and
        Wahhabi Islam are "brainwashing" tools created to prevent this experience
        from happening.