Soul-Calendar, Week 17

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the LION in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.

      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 7 *
      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengr�nden durfte f�hren:
      Erf�lle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Would let lead to Soul's Ground:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Widenesses
      To find one day Me in you."

      A partial interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out
      the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
      the World-Self.
      This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty
      which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that, as we fill our "I" with
      the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
      part of us.

      Sunday, August 6th. Moon Capricorn. Sixtus. Verklarung Christi.

      Monday, August 7th. Moon Capricorn. Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and
      Julianus. Ulrika.

      Tuesday, August 8th. Moon Aquarius. Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus.
      Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

      Wednesday, August 9th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. Cajetan. Ericus.

      Thursday, August 10th. Moon Pisces. . Agathe. Laurentius.

      Friday, August 11th. Moon Pisces. Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde.
      Susanna. Tiburtius.

      Saturday, August 12th. Moon Aries. Clara. Hilaria. Sulpicius.