Soul-Calendar #16

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the CRAB in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 6 *
      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengr�nden fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Fr�chte bringen.

      To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
      Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
      So that those ripening God-gifts
      In the Soul�s Ground bearing fruit
      The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the summer play of
      light and warmth, to find ourselves in a different way later in the year;
      and
      this is just what the past few week's verses have pictured. Now this Spirit
      we surrendered to so strongly has wrapped itself about the Ego, planting
      seeds we sense will grow towards the future, and as they ripen, our own
      abilities will.

      **********************************

      Sunday, July 30th. Moon Libra. Ruth.

      Monday, July 31st. Moon Libra. 1472 University of Munich founded.
      1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

      Tuesday, August 1st. Moon Scorpio. First Quarter. Macabees. 1744 Natural
      Scientist Lamarck born.

      Wednesday, August 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

      Thursday, August 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. 1492 Start of the first Voyage of
      Columbus.

      Friday, August 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Dominic (Founder of the Dominican
      Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus.
      1792 the Poet Shelley born.

      Saturday, August 5th. Moon Capricorn. 1396 Gutenberg born.