    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      days.

      constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the CRAB in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 5 *
      Ich f�hle wie verzaubert
      Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
      Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
      Geh�llt mein Eigenwesen,
      Zu schenken mir die Kraft
      Die, ohnm�chtig sich selbst zu geben,
      Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

      I feel how enchanted
      Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
      It has in Senses' Dimness
      Enclosed my Self-Essence
      To give me the Power:
      That, powerless myself to give
      My "I" in its narrow boundaries is.

      A partial interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose
      ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the OUTER world, we are
      to find our "selves" again IN the WORLD-Self.
      This week the Spirit we experience through the beauty of the senses in
      the outer world enwraps itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut
      off from the world--- a
      "spell" cast over it which we can "unwrap" at Christmastime (the polar
      opposite verse to this week's), and through this process give birth to a new
      self then.

      **********************************

      Sunday, July 23rd. Moon Cancer.
      Apollinaris, School of Peter.
      Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

      Monday, July 24th. Moon Leo. New Moon.
      Christiana.

      Tuesday, July 25th. Moon Leo.
      St. Chistopher.