Calendar of the Soul, Week 14 after Easter (Summer)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52
      days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

      constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the TWINS in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this post.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
      The meaning
      of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 4 (Summer) *
      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Bet´┐Żubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches,
      From Senses' Shining in me, of World-Thinking.

      An interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in
      the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's
      thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This is the St. John's
      experience of "I must decrease that He may increase."
      This week that World-Thinking, the Ideas the Spirit uses to build Nature,
      now begins to approach us in our summer waking-dream state, where we are
      immersed in the senses' beauty.

      Sunday, July 16th. Moon Aries.Last Quarter. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D.
      (Hegira).

      Monday, July 17th. Moon Taurus. Leo IV.

      Tuesday, July 18th. Moon Taurus. St. Thomas Aquinas.

      Wednesday, July 19th. Moon Taurus. St. Vincent de Paul.

      Thursday, July 20th. Moon Gemini. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

      Friday, May July 21st. Moon Gemini. Daniel.

      Saturday, July 22nd. Moon Cancer. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born
      1784.