psychics

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2006
      It was probably my experiences in Yelm, WA that made me cynical toward
      people who claim supernatural abilities. In Yelm all sorts of people
      boasted about being extraordinary psychics, but when it came time to
      demonstrate their abilities in a scientific way they didn't seem any
      more or less psychic than the average student at RSE (a psychic
      institute that I attended). Scientific tests were devised as part of
      our spiritual training, and it was always seemed to be the regular folk
      (like MyTwoCents) with the most stunning results. We did remote
      viewing, field work, labyrinth work, etc. One thing I learned while
      practicing remote viewing exercises was that nearly everyone is
      psychic, or has latent psychic talent---and those most boastful about
      being psychic are sometimes the least. I've seen eight year old girls
      test better than professional psychics, as far as accuracy is
      concerned. When egotism dominates the psychic he or she is all the
      more susceptible to the influence of Lucifer, and instead of visions he
      creates delusions out of his own soul forces.
    • sarah
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2006
        Is there any hope for a mediocre middle-aged housewife who has NO psychic ability (and doesn't even boast), an average IQ, is scatterbrained, yet likes sewing and gossiping? :-(

        Sarah
        Waldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!
        e-Patterns, Dolls and More;
        www.sarahs-dolls.com
      • My2Cents
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2006
          I think Mathew is right about this in that it's the ordinary folk who have experiences such as those I described. I've never tried in any way whatsoever to be psychic nor given it much thought - the 2 events I described simply happened and in a seemingly natural way. Sarah, I don't see why you wouldn't have as much potential as anyone else, but I have never studied this "trait" or pursued it in any way at all. In Steiner's "Human and Cosmic Metamorphosis" his first chapter deals with a case of so-called "second sight" with an explanation of influences a specific professional psychic was involved in.

          Blessings,

          My2cents

          middle-aged housewife who has NO psychic ability (and doesn't even
          boast), an average IQ, is scatterbrained, yet likes sewing and gossiping?
          :-(

          SarahWaldorf Doll Making DVD - NOW
          AVAILABLE!e-Patterns, Dolls and More;www.sarahs-dolls.com

          No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
        • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2006
            Well, functioning in the consciousness soul is functioning in intuition.  Intuition, spiritual, and psychic are very similar terms yet have differing definitions.  In other words being psychic is being spiritual visa versa.  I'm not saying all psychics are spiritual though!!  Living in intuition is what we should be first off attempting to do.  It is easy and natural and brings one into a magical existance.  This is what Steiner was communicating with his book "Philosophy of Freedom".  This is how I understand it. ~Chantel