    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18 10:46 AM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52
      days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. (This has at
      last recently been reprinted by Steinerbooks.)

      constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the TWINS in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this post.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual
      sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning
      of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      English to German.

      ** M A N T R A # 1 0 *
      Zu sommerlichen H�hen
      Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
      Es nimmt mein menschlich F�hlen
      In seine Raumesweiten mit.
      Erahnend regt im Innern sich
      Empfindung, dumpf mir k�ndend,
      Erkennen wirst du einst:
      Dich f�hle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

      To summer-like Heights
      Rises the Sun�s Light-filled Essence;
      It draws my human Feeling
      Into the widths of Space with it.
      There anxiously stirs in my Inner self
      Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
      You will realize one day:
      You feel now a God�s Essence.

      A partial interpretation: The spiritual force of the light in the outer
      world of the senses,
      growing in this time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out
      with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact
      during the heights of summer just beginning.

      **********************************

      Sunday, June 18th. Moon Aries. Last Quarter.
      Markus.

      Monday, June 19th. Moon Aries.
      Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

      Tuesday, June 20th. Moon Taurus.