Soul-Calendar Week 7 after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52
      occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first
      mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
      cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases &position in the signs each
      days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. (This has at
      last recently been reprinted by Steinerbooks.)

      constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version of
      the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this post.

      This week's mantra.
      uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual
      sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning
      of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      English to German.

      * M A N T R A #7 *
      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,
      Vom Weltenlichte m�chtig angezogen.
      Nun trete du mein Ahnen
      In deine Rechte kraftig ein
      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht
      Das in der Sinne Schein
      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out
      To World-Light mightily drawn.
      Now enter you, my foreboding,
      Into your rightful place forcefully,
      Restore for me Thinking�s Might
      That in the Senses� Shine
      Would lose itself.

      A partial interpretation:
      The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. The past few weeks we could feel the working of that spiritual
      essence as
      being like our souls spread out in external space. But now the spiritual
      force of the light is so strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a
      feeling of what is to come in the future grows in us to keep us from being
      only in this present moment, preventing thinking from losing itself totally
      in the senses.

      **********************************
      The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along with some
      of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, May 28th. Moon Cancer.
      Wilhelm.

      Monday, May 29th. Moon Cancer.
      Christiana.

      Tuesday, May 30th. Moon Cancer.
      The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.

      Wednesday, May 31st. Moon Leo.
      Angela.

      Thursday, June 1st. Moon Leo.
      Nicodemus.

      Friday, May June 2nd. Moon Virgo.
      Erasmus.

      Saturday, June 3rd. Moon Virgo. First Quarter.
      Clotilde.

      Dr. Starman

      Planets: The Moon, Mars and Saturn are in a straight line in the West
      Monday night, to the left of Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini. Mars is
      approaching conjunction to Saturn, and the Moon goes by both this week,
      quite near Mars Tuesday night and near Saturn Wednesday night.
      Jupiter is the bright "star" rising in the southeast at sunset. The moon
      will be near it next week.