Re: [steiner] Science and Religion

    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2006
      Well, Sue, I've had a bit of experience the past few years in online
      groups, even before the owner of this list asked me to moderate it. And from
      that I can say that it's just as well that a list is quiet, because most of
      the "talk", even on so-called 'anthroposophical' lists, is bad-tempered,
      trivial and not worthy of people supposedly on the spiritual path. Many
      people feel the medium itself somehow inhibits 'Goethean' conversation,
      where one soul truly meets another and significant things are said---- I
      don't think so, but rather that we are at many and varied stages of
      development as individuals, and this is a medium open to the masses;
      therefore, gibberish, scatological graffiti and infantile rantings often are
      the majority of the mindless "contributions". Just go into any chat room
      allegedly for the purpose of discussing one topic or another and see how
      little that topic is discussed and how much is people on their little
      soap-box, or getting ego-gratification, or flirting. So I favor quality
      rather than quantity.

      Also, in any group there are about 5% of individuals strong enough to
      speak out, while the majority are usually content to listen a large
      percentage of the time. We who post are therefore, in a way, the
      representatives of the silent majority and need to try to act as such, and
      occasionally one of the others will be drawn out into communication. As far
      as this group is concerned, for some reason an incredibly large number of
      people choose to have no e-mail delivered to their mail-boxes, meaning that
      a conversation in anything remotely approaching real time is impossible.
      They go to the web-site to read the posts whenerver they feel like it,
      meaning nothing is predictable or can be organized easily, as the failure to
      study together this past Holy Nights showed. So it requires patience.

      Perhaps people could post something here about how they are using or wish
      to use spirit-science in their lives. We have some Waldorf teachers here and
      undoubtedly a few people involved in bio-dynamic agriculture,
      anthroposophical medicine, the arts, etc. As some of you know, I have used
      it to develop an approach to astrology and practice as an astrologer. That's
      a pretty big subject in itself. I also am a painter and musician and try to
      bring higher consciousness into my work with both: I've been trained in
      painting but there seems to be no unified approach to music from out of
      anthroposophy to study yet.

      -starman
      www.DrStarman.com