Re: Designers behind evolution

    Message 1 of 9 , May 8 9:26 PM

      > I just hope that the willing of humans doesn't have too much influence over
      > our evolution, because both males and females are currently willing changes
      > to their anatomy that will have humans looking very funny if it all actually
      > started changing - we will start looking like giraffs but with different
      > parts super-sized.

      The 'red light district' of the Internet bears that statement out.   Hubba hubba.

      > What's the difference between desiring something to change and willing the
      > change into existence? Is it a different part of our souls that do willing
      > instead of desiring? Do you think the beings who design bodies respond to
      > desires expressed or only to willing by plants, animals and humans?
      >
      > Evert

      Strangely enough, the Wikepedia online encyclodpedia doesn't mention "the will" as an intricle element of Lamarckian evolution.  However Wikepedia doesn provide a descent background on the subject.

      Lamarck developed two laws:

      1. In every animal which has not passed the limit of its development, a more frequent and continuous use of any organ gradually strengthens, develops and enlarges that organ, and gives it a power proportional to the length of time it has been so used; while the permanent disuse of any organ imperceptibly weakens and deteriorates it, and progressively diminishes its functional capacity, until it finally disappears.
      2. All the acquisitions or losses wrought by nature on individuals, through the influence of the environment in which their race has long been placed, and hence through the influence of the predominant use or permanent disuse of any organ; all these are preserved by reproduction to the new individuals which arise, provided that the acquired modifications are common to both sexes, or at least to the individuals which produce the young.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamarck

      Message 2 of 9 , May 9 7:06 PM
        Well one thing we do know, as occultist, is the effect that desire
        has upon our etheric body---the body that is the most closely
        connected to the physical body and all its processes, including the
        genetic process involved in evolution.

        All the thoughts and emotions that we will are recorded, via our
        astral bodies, into our etheric bodies, almost as if the etheric body
        was a very sophisticated recording device that works on an invisible
        level. In fact, our entire life is recorded within the etheric body,
        down to the minutest detail, every thought and emotion, everything
        seen, touched, felt, heard. When a hypnotist is working on a subject
        he is actually leading the patient into the psychic warehouse called
        the etheric body. When people see their lives "flash before their
        eyes" they're actually seeing a glimpse of their etheric body.

        Therefore, thinking is not an isolated event. Every thought we
        embrace creates a sort of ripple of energy within different levels of
        our psyche. Because of the etheric body's close connection to the
        physical body, these "ripples" of energy have a profound effect upon
        our genetic structure and the way in which it encodes information.
        When we actually produce a change in our DNA that change is passed
        down to our succeeding generation. However, at this level, change
        occurs very slowly. We must measure physical evolution in terms of
        millions of years, and not life times, to see dramatic changes:
        longer necks, longer legs, etc.

        It's the sudden jumps in evolution that are un-accounted for by any
        theory of evolution, be it Darwinism or Lamarckian evolution.

        Mathew Morrell
        www.kcpost.net