    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2006
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      * M A N T R A # 4 *
      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      "I feel the essence of my essence":
      So speaks Sensation,
      That in the sun-illumined World
      With flooding light becomes one;
      It will join warmth
      To Thinking's Clarity,
      And Man and World
      In oneness bind fast together.

      An interpretation:
         Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, May 7th.  Moon Virgo.   Gottfried.

      Monday, May 8th. Moon Libra.
      The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

      Tuesday, May 9th. Moon Libra.
      Schiller died 1805.

      Wednesday, May 10th. Moon Libra.
      Gordian.

      Thursday, May 11th. Moon Scorpio.
      Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

      Friday, May 12th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon.
      Pancratius.

      Saturday, May 13th. Moon Sagittarius.
        Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2009

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
        A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, red) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

        * M A N T R A # 4 *

        Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:

        So spricht Empfindung,

        Die in der sonnerhellten Welt

        Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;

        Sie will dem Denken

        Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken

        Und Mensch und Welt

        In Einheit fest verbinden.

        “I feel the essence of my essence”:

        So speaks Sensation,

        That in the sun-illumined World

        With flooding light becomes one;

        It will join warmth

        To Thinking‘s Clarity,

        And Man and World

        In oneness bind fast together.

        An interpretation:

            Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the
        cosmos. The returning Spring light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and
        as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, May 3rd. Moon Virgo.

         Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

        Monday, May 4th. Moon Virgo.

        Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

        Tuesday, May 5th. Moon Libra.

        Columbus discovers America 1492.

        Wednesday, May 6th. Moon Libra.

        John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

        Thursday, May 7th. Moon Scorpio.

         Gottfried.

        Friday, May 8th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon.

         The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

        Saturday, May 9th. Moon Sagittarius.

        Schiller died 1805.

        PLANETS: Saturn is visible in the East from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

        Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.