    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2006

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the RAM in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      * M A N T R A #  2 *
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking's might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

      A partial interpretation of the mantra:

         The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
      our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them.
         Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this IS
      the spiritual world itself finding ITSELF through US.

      Sunday, April 23rd.  Moon Pisces.  George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.

      Monday, April 24th. Moon Pisces.  Sigmund.

      Tuesday, April 25th. Moon Aries.  Mark the Evangelist.

      Wednesday, April 26th. Moon Aries.  Uhland born 1787.

      Thursday, April 27th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Friday, April 28th. Moon Taurus.  Eusebius.

      Saturday, April 29th. Moon Gemini.
       The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

      Happy St. George's Day all! Slay your dragon!