Re: [steiner] Holy Week Study

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
      Dr. Starman....My brother.

      Please feel my sincerity here.
      I too am disappointed by the current lack of attention
      to the Meaningful and Sacred....not just in my world but in myself.

      Is it possible that ...even if on a lower harmonic,
      some of us may be witnessing sort of a preview
      of Dr. Steiner's 'War of All Against All.'

      I'm not being pessimistic here....Maybe 'Solve et Coagula'
      is an happy alchemical reality describing how "All things must dissolve
      before they unite."

      Keep up the good work Dr. Starman. Your perseverance and focus
      are appreciated. You are one of the few who risk popularity by
      forsaking political correctness....by sacrificing the Warm and Fuzzy
      for the oft more meaningful, 'Stark and Uncomfortable.'

      The 'many' don't like this...but how can they?..Only the lonely may
      stand may outside of Love long enough so as to understand and
      communicate it's meaning.

      Such is the paradoxical path of the Hermit, huh?.

      Fortunately I have found that this can sometimes be a
      heaven it it's own right

      Be Well and carry on my friend

      Br. Ron.

                         ¸..·'¨¨))  -:¦:-
                                 ¸.·' .·'¨¨))
                              ((¸¸.·'  ...·'   -:¦:-
                             -:¦:-    ((¸¸..·'*   ~*~

             IDAHO COMPUTER & SATELLITE
          30640 HWY 200 Ponderay, ID 83852
          Phone 208-255-5206    Cell 208-290-6769
      http://idaho-computer.com   ics@...

                         ¸..·'¨¨))  -:¦:-
                                 ¸.·' .·'¨¨))
                              ((¸¸.·'  ...·'   -:¦:-
                             -:¦:-    ((¸¸..·'*   ~*~

      Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [steiner] Holy Week Study

      Hello all,

        It WOULD have been nice to do an Easter study together, just as it would have been nice to do our study together for the 12 Holy Nights --- but that didn't happen this past year either, which was a disappointment to me, as our online group here had done one every Christmas for several years now.  Right afterwards, after struggling so much to continue posting the weekly Calendar of the Soul mailings from the Goetheanum where I was studying for months, I missed sending it one week ---- and absolutely no one asked what happened to it. So I waited a few more weeks, and saw that no one noticed or asked. That brought home to me that no one appeared to be using them: it was a waste of time and energy better spent elsewhere. That's why I have not been posting here.

         The "new year" of the Soul-Calendar starts this Sunday, and perhaps I will start posting them again. But I would like to see this group which has such potential, find what it would like to do with the list. What a great tool for group study it could be. Ideas, anyone? What could we do better with it?

         As to your posting, Sarah: Dr. Steiner spoke about Holy Week and how there were events on each day---- the cursing of the fig tree on Monday, the "Moon's day" having to do with heredity, symbolic of the old initiation-path of the Hebrew religion now being barren---- and then Tuesday, Mars Day, showing the Messiah using aggressive force to expel the money-changers from the temple. The week can be used as a meditation to connect with both the planetary rulers of each day and with the events in the 4 gospels between Palm Sunday and Easter... if people desire to do so.

      Starman

      sarahfe@... writes:

      Is anyone else doing a Holy Week study?

      Although I have been involved in forms of study during the  Holy
      Nights at Christmas one way and another for about the past 5 years,
      this year I have decided to mark the 8 days of Holy week in a similar
      way.

      In addition to the Gospel accounts I am primarily using the relevant
      chapter in Emil Bock's "The Three Years". Although I have found that
      it also ties in with other books that I have been reading in a quite
      remarkable way (although perhaps this should not be so surprising to
      me.)

      When I was young I used to have (or rather my brother had) a "Hot
      Wheels" set. The track was attached initially to a high point and the
      cars would run down the steep slope and around the track. Since they
      soon ran out of energy we also had an electric booster thing which
      the cars would enter and be whizzed out the other side with renewed
      velocity. When I undertake an intense period of study I am always
      reminded of this image. This is what the study does for me on a soul
      level. So I would recommend it, however busy you think you are!

      So today is already Tuesday with only 5 days to go. But I will post
      my thoughts on the days separately with the hope that other people
      might pitch in with their own ideas.

      Whereas the Holy Nights is a time when people often work with the 12
      signs of the Zodiac, as people in our community here have worked with
      the 12 virtues for the past 2 years, Holy Week is a time to work with
      the 7 planetary spheres, taking each one on the relevant day of the
      week.

      I look forward to sharing ideas...

      Sarah FE

    • Sue
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2006
        Actually Starman, I did notice that you haven't been posting the CoTS,
        but I assumed that you had your reasons. For those of us who live in
        the Southern Hemisphere, it means that the weeks are reversed and apart
        from easy access to the CoTS, I also receive Southern Hemisphere
        postings (Valerie Jacobs, Anne Stockton, Eurythmy) and we already have
        the astrological drawings, courtesy of you. This doesn't mean that
        no-one is using them.
        Also, living in the Southern Hemisphere, means that our Easter is in
        Autumn and the growth forces of Nature are withdrawing. This is the
        season when the ancients (pre-Christian) celebrated the inward path of
        the god (Adonis). Three days of submersion into the water, only to be
        raised up and renewed by the light of the Sun. I used to struggle with
        the 'rightness' of this time because everything runs on Northern
        Hemisphere seasons, until I became aware of the original festival of
        death and resurrection. Now, the inner mood of Autumn has become the
        right time for Easter, for me at least. Easter became confused as man
        descended more and more into the Nature forces, needing an outward
        manifestation of the growth forces to be reminded of the Divine. Easter
        has become ALL about renewal and resurrection for the Northern
        Hemisphere, whereas the time should be solemn and inward, a journey for
        the soul to introspection and withdrawal from the affairs of the world,
        just as Nature does, culminating in the inner lighting up of the
        Spirit. Autumn is appropriate.
        Remember, for those of you who live in America, or anywhere in the
        Northern Hemisphere, we have four points on the compass and lesser ones
        in between. I've yet to see snow at Christmas!

        Sue.

        Introducing the new Yahoo! Answers Beta – A new place to get answers to your questions – Try it http://uk.answers.yahoo.com
      • Cecilia Velasquez
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
          I am new to anthroposophy and new to the group, I probably wont be doing much posting because I am just trying to figure this out and finding a way to living anthroposophy in my every day life. I find everything that Dr, Steiner wrote and spoke has a lighting effect in my life, but there is so much to read and do that I dont know if this life time will be enough to do it.

          I have two little girls the oldest is 6 and the younger is 3 and they kept me bussy. I am trying to learnd as much as I can from them.

          I just wanted to say that I really look forward to recive the calendar every week, I did notice that missing post, but I did feel that I have the right to ask, since I am new.

          I live in Peru, I appologize if there is something that is not well writen.

          Thanks,

          Cecilia