RE: [steiner] The Lord's Prayer.

  • B P
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dear Sue,
      Thank you very much for this. A friend of mine has
      been looking for this translation for quite some time
      now.
      From what I have been told, Rudolf Steiner was born
      on Feb. 25, 1861 but being of very fragile health, he
      was immediately baptised on Feb. 27, 1861.
      Barbara

      >" The following translation (from German) of the Lord's Prayer is
      >the version reportedly used by Rudolf Steiner in his daily spiritual
      >practice during the period 1924-1925." In memory of 145 years
      >since his birth. (26.2.1861)
    • Sue
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi Barbara,
        There seems to be alot of confusion about Steiner's
        actual birthdate. Most sources say the 27th
        ..including his autobiography. You're right about his
        baptism date, which was also the date it was recorded,
        but if my memory serves me well, I believe it was in
        "The Life and Work of Rudolf Steiner" that Gunther
        Wachsmuth tells us that it was the 26th of February. I
        haven't heard the 25th before. I believe it to be the
        26th.
        kind regards ...Sue.