The Lord's Prayer.

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      " The following translation (from German) of the Lord's Prayer is
      the version reportedly used by Rudolf Steiner in his daily spiritual
      practice during the period 1924-1925." In memory of 145 years
      since his birth. (26.2.1861)

      The Lord's Prayer
      (according to Rudolf Steiner)

      Father, you who were, are and will be
      in our inmost being

      May your name be glorified
      and praised in us

      May your kingdom grow
      in our deeds and in our moral lives

      May we perform your will
      as you, Father, lay it down
      in our inmost being

      You give us spiritual nourishment,
      the bread of life
      superabundantly
      in all changing conditions
      of our lives

      Let our mercy toward others
      make up for the sins done to our being

      Let not the tempter
      work in us beyond the capacity of our strength

      For no temptation can live
      in your being
      Father,
      and the tempter is only appearance
      and delusion,
      from which you lead us, Father
      by the light of knowledge

      May your power and glory
      work in us
      through all aeons and aeons of time.

      Amen.
    • B P
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        Dear Sue,
        Thank you very much for this. A friend of mine has
        been looking for this translation for quite some time
        now.
        From what I have been told, Rudolf Steiner was born
        on Feb. 25, 1861 but being of very fragile health, he
        was immediately baptised on Feb. 27, 1861.
        Barbara

        >" The following translation (from German) of the Lord's Prayer is
        >the version reportedly used by Rudolf Steiner in his daily spiritual
        >practice during the period 1924-1925." In memory of 145 years
        >since his birth. (26.2.1861)
      • Sue
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi Barbara,
          There seems to be alot of confusion about Steiner's
          actual birthdate. Most sources say the 27th
          ..including his autobiography. You're right about his
          baptism date, which was also the date it was recorded,
          but if my memory serves me well, I believe it was in
          "The Life and Work of Rudolf Steiner" that Gunther
          Wachsmuth tells us that it was the 26th of February. I
          haven't heard the 25th before. I believe it to be the
          26th.
          kind regards ...Sue.