RE: [steiner] Goetheanum ceiling ...

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2006
      The ceiling paintings are a depiction of Steiner's
      Initiate insight into details of evolution as outlined
      in 'Occult Science' and 'Cosmic Memory, Prehistory of
      Earth and Man'. The evolution of the "I" (ICH).
      One requires knowledge of Anthroposophy, but through
      meditation on the Rainbow, one begins to get an
      inkling of the magnitude and depth of these ceiling
      paintings of the first Goetheanum.
      Here is one of Steiner's Rainbow Meditations:

      In the darkness I find God's Being
      In Rose Red I feel the source of Life
      In Ether Blue rests the yearning of the Spirit
      In Life's Green breathes all Life's Breath
      In Gold Yellow radiates Thinking's clarity
      In Fiery Red is rooted the Strength of Will
      Sun's White manifests the Kernel of my Being.

    • Hithcalen
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

        Hi,

        well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
        Maybe there a study to do about that.

        Maltamir

      • Hithcalen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

          Hi,

          well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
          Maybe there a study to do about that.

          Maltamir

        • Kathy Landes
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

            As an artist this is most fascinating. The poem is very powerful. I can see it as I read it.