RE: [steiner] Goetheanum ceiling ...

  • Kathy Landes
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006

      Thanks! This is really interesting. Would you tell us more about the paining itself?

      Kat

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19, 2006
        The ceiling paintings are a depiction of Steiner's
        Initiate insight into details of evolution as outlined
        in 'Occult Science' and 'Cosmic Memory, Prehistory of
        Earth and Man'. The evolution of the "I" (ICH).
        One requires knowledge of Anthroposophy, but through
        meditation on the Rainbow, one begins to get an
        inkling of the magnitude and depth of these ceiling
        paintings of the first Goetheanum.
        Here is one of Steiner's Rainbow Meditations:

        In the darkness I find God's Being
        In Rose Red I feel the source of Life
        In Ether Blue rests the yearning of the Spirit
        In Life's Green breathes all Life's Breath
        In Gold Yellow radiates Thinking's clarity
        In Fiery Red is rooted the Strength of Will
        Sun's White manifests the Kernel of my Being.

      • Hithcalen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

          Hi,

          well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
          Maybe there a study to do about that.

          Maltamir

        • Hithcalen

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

              As an artist this is most fascinating. The poem is very powerful. I can see it as I read it.