Goetheanum ceiling ...

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006
      Attached is a picture of the painting on the ceiling
      in the dome of the first Goetheanum, painted by Rudolf
      Steiner... unfortunately lost to the flames.

    • Kathy Landes
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006

        Thanks! This is really interesting. Would you tell us more about the paining itself?

        Kat

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 19, 2006
          The ceiling paintings are a depiction of Steiner's
          Initiate insight into details of evolution as outlined
          in 'Occult Science' and 'Cosmic Memory, Prehistory of
          Earth and Man'. The evolution of the "I" (ICH).
          One requires knowledge of Anthroposophy, but through
          meditation on the Rainbow, one begins to get an
          inkling of the magnitude and depth of these ceiling
          paintings of the first Goetheanum.
          Here is one of Steiner's Rainbow Meditations:

          In the darkness I find God's Being
          In Rose Red I feel the source of Life
          In Ether Blue rests the yearning of the Spirit
          In Life's Green breathes all Life's Breath
          In Gold Yellow radiates Thinking's clarity
          In Fiery Red is rooted the Strength of Will
          Sun's White manifests the Kernel of my Being.

        • Hithcalen
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

            Hi,

            well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
            Maybe there a study to do about that.

            Maltamir

          • Hithcalen

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

                As an artist this is most fascinating. The poem is very powerful. I can see it as I read it.