etc

    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 11, 2006
      **Yes there's sleep in the afterlife, at least I hope there is. I
      can't sing praise to God 24-7, like the God-channel on cable. I'm
      not a Chinese immigrant convenience store manager. Some of us need a
      break every once in a while, no matter if I'm in heaven or on Earth.
      Even the most pious of us---Tammy Fay Baker included---need oblivion
      now and then, voideness, to dream the dream of nothing. Do you
      expect God's Holy Choir to sing and sing and sing, without
      intermission, for eternity? Steiner writes in "Secrets of the
      Threshold", Pg 83: "After one has lived for a time in the [elemental
      world], one feels the need within oneself to [sleep]." [my
      parenthesis]

      **We don't need to speak-out for Good Jesus. Good Jesus is spoken
      for. Every major thinker in the last 150 years---CG Jung, Colin
      Wilson, Nietzsche, Tolstoy, Buck Minster Fuller, the midget from
      Fantasy Island---rejects or embraces Jesus on the basis that he is
      super duper good. Well, I say we stand for a different type of
      Jesus---the non-super-duper Jesus, the Jesus of impulse and
      irrationality, the Jesus of evolution and I'AM, the Jesus of the
      Bible. The super-duper-good Jesus is in South Park, CO. He's a talk
      show host, wears sandals and talks like a hippie. The problem is,
      super-duper-good hippies are good for nothing. "Hippies suck,"---
      Cartman

      **Matthew 19:17

      Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 26, 2006
        ** In her sleep my cousin speaks discernible sentences. This would
        not be significant, if not for the fact that my cousin is severely
        mentally retarded and has never spoken a discernible sentence while
        awake. In her sleep, mental impulses bypass the damaged portion of
        her physical brain and she is able to talk in a state of sleep,
        detached from her physical body. Her ability to think "outside" her
        brain, proves the ancients right: Our mind's exist around our
        bodies, not within the physical brain, but rather in the auras that
        surround us. The physical brain is merely a receiver of sort that
        organizes, assembles and programs thought on the physical level.

        ** In Matthew 5:38, during his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus encourages
        us to transcend our old concepts of morality and justice, to love thy
        enemy and turn the other cheek, instead of seek vengeance. A major
        New York art gallery shows an exhibit that includes a crucifix
        standing in a jar of urine---and we turn the other cheek. An artist
        spreads elephant dung on the Virgin Mary within the same gallery---
        and we seek not vengeance. This exhibition is financed by the
        National Endowment for the Arts, with our tax dollars, and we turn
        the other cheek. Our Lord is blasphemed day by day, year by year,
        with great vindictiveness and hatred. "But I say unto you, That ye
        resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek,
        turn to him the other also." [Matt 5:39.]

        ** In contrast the Old Testament preaches an "eye for an eye." If a
        man removes your eye, his eye shall be removed. It does not say,
        remove both his eyes and kill his family if he removed one of your
        eyes. It says, an eye for an eye. Therefore this edict is just,
        because it stresses equality.

        ** True Islam, the one taught by Mohammed, teaches the Old
        Testament "eye for an eye" justice.

        "And (as for) those who have earned evil, the punishment of an evil
        is the like of itÂ…" --Koran, Surah X: 27

        Outstanding tortures and mass slaughters are only justified under the
        laws of Jihad, when Mohammed's "eye for an eye" is no longer
        relevant. A whole other set of retribution laws are set aside for
        non-Muslims during times of war; leaders of radical Islam take
        advantage of the laws of Jihad to justify their tribalistic forms of
        retribution and torture. Simply plucking out an infidels eye,
        because he has plucked yours out, is not enough for "the tribe"; the
        offender's family is massacred and the offender tortured and killed.
        The morality of tribalism is extremely dangerous and, like a poison,
        has expanded over much of Africa and the Middle East, through
        Wahhabism. So far the West has experienced the horror of tribalism
        only in its urban pockets, where tribalism takes the form of race
        affiliated gangs, i.e. the Bloods and the Crips, or the Hells
        Angels.

        ** Christ says turn the other cheek, if one strikes you. But he
        doesn't say turn the other cheek if your enemy rapes your wife, or
        threatens your nation with destruction, or tries to decapite you if
        you don't kneel on a prayer mat facing Mecca. Be wise as a serpent,
        gentle as a dove.
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
          ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
          clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
          everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

          MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
          as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
          root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
          (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
          evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
          prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
          terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
          solider is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms
          with a sociopath who is subtly trying to destroy him
          psychologically. This story is a microcosm of the Iraq War that
          entered my consciousness in the form of a picture.

          ** I never said I was anything but a "new ager." I was raised in a
          new age church (Unity). I read new age literature growing up; my
          parents are both die hard liberal new age Clintonites; I dropped out
          of society at 18 and lived in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
          for five years, worked construction simultaneous with attending new
          age retreats at JZ Knight's Ancient School Of Wisdom. I've never set
          foot in an orthodox Christian or an evangelical church in my entire
          life. I don't even know what they smell like, nor do I care. The
          reason I attack "the New Age" is because I know it from the inside
          out. I am both their greatest defender and their most aggressive
          attacker. I am the Shiva of the New Age.

          Mathew Morrell
          www.kcpost.net
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
            ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
            clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
            everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

            MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
            as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
            root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
            (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
            evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
            prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
            terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
            soldier is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 12, 2006
              ** The video store down the block didn't carry any Fu Manchu
              movies. I had to buy them elsewhere. They should arrive in a week
              or two. Until then....

              ** In essence the cultist lives in a fantasy world, or rather a
              shared fantasy in which more than one person is collectively
              involved. In the case of RSE, you have thousands: a whole community
              believing that they're master is an ascended god, and that the
              information that they receive from the Ranch is Top Secret.
              Collective illusion-making is a fascinating dynamic of a cult, RSE
              included; the delusions aren't lived by a single individual. The
              illusions are reinforced by the community. When you have thousands
              of people all forced into thinking the same thought and feeling the
              same emotions that creates a very powerful dynamic, a group soul.
              Although powerful, it hinders individuation of the ego, stunts
              personal growth, and makes having an ego wholly un-necessary.
              Thinking, willing and feeling is taken over by a collective
              organization of souls bound together by a thread of like-mindedness.
              The ego is absolved of the responsibility of having to think for
              itself; in effect, submerges into un-conscious state highly
              susceptible to brainwashing techniques. The "cultist" becomes, in
              Tomberg terms, a herd animal, "negating all that is individual and
              aristocratic in favor of devoting oneself all-the-more-strongly to a
              pride that is sub-individual and collectivized."

              ** Again, the objective of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment is to
              ensnare people in fantasy; or to be more exact, ensnare them in a
              philosophy in which fantasy supplants objective truth as the basis
              of reality. In JZs philosophy, there is no truth, nor objective
              reality. There are only individual realities based on a person's
              subjective understanding. Therefore fantasy is reality; a sort of
              Eighth Sphere in which the soul is unable to differentiate between
              what belongs to reality and what is merely thought.

              The word Eight Sphere is an old occult term from the nineteenth
              century. Today we might use the term "virtual reality" to describe
              the type of realm that the RSE student aims for in his/her spiritual
              practices. Their aim is not to live according to divine principles,
              after all. It is to give substantiality and dimension to fantasies;
              it is to exist on a plane of being where their own personal desires
              manifest themselves without limit; it is to replace a world based on
              divine principles with a world in which their subjective thoughts
              may achieve instantaneous gratification; where they live as if in a
              dream, without pain or suffering and without karmic atonement; where
              they may live eternally in the illusion of their own making.
              Ultimately, the purpose of the Eighth Sphere is to exist in a
              reality based on egotistical desires, where egotism reaches its
              fullest possible manifestation. Here man is subjected to the hell
              of his own egotism.
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 13, 2006
                **A fellow wrote me regarding last month's post on the mechanical
                nature of thought. His email was well-thought-out and provided
                corrections and insights into what I had written on the subject.
                Hopefully he won't get mad if I post a portion of his email:

                "I fully concur with Matthew's reference to the mechanical nature of
                everyday thought. That's what the first "subsidiary exercise" (the
                first of the foundation practices for spiritual development given by
                Steiner) is about. You get a very precise sense of thought having a
                self-spinning, automatic life when you try to hold onto a logical
                train of newly-generated thinking around an every day object.
                Steiner also refers to the tendency of the head to become animal
                similarly. Unless I misread the Philosophy entirely, the moment of
                intuition, when thinking & concept become one is an expression of
                genuine spiritual
                activity. Reflective thought of the every day kind has the same
                relationship to the reality of thinking as a photograph to that
                which it "captures". Hence Steiner's often repeated criticism of
                Descartes' "Cogito ergo sum" because in thinking there lives not the
                sum (being), but the non-sum (non-being). So in order to think, our
                materiality has to die, & in knowing the thought (retrospective to
                the act of thinking itself) the spiritually resistent material self
                has to be recreated. I hope that's of some help - if I haven't got
                it wrong?"

                **Since the death of that Australian dude by the stingray we've
                heard a lot of speculation on the psychology of animal attacks. Why
                do they do it? One theory goes that animals only attack humans when
                the animal sees the human as a fellow animal; but if the animal
                handler approaches an animal with "tzelem Elokim" ---the Image of
                G'd"---the animal won't attack; it will subject itself in
                obedience. The animal may strike out against the handler, but only
                as a defensive measure: as a way of communicating its feelings and
                establishing bounds.

                Perhaps that's overly idealistic, I don't know. I have only a
                limited experience interacting with animals through the years---just
                horses (ferrier work), Llamas (cleaning), outdoor encounters with
                wild animals, fishing, hunting (in my early years, I don't hunt
                anymore), and taking care of my own pets. Certainly I've been
                exposed to men who could be considered master animal handlers.
                Although they weren't necessarily godly in their personal life, in
                their professional life, working with animals, they were masterful:
                in the "tzelem Elokim." To work successfully with animals it is
                advantageous to be purified of the crude animal configurations which
                project from the astral body.

                The unprovoked animal attack is exceptionally rare and arises, I
                believe, out of a breakdown in the man-animal relationship. A
                reversal occurs. The experience is terrifying because even the most
                seemingly harmless animal is capable of producing extreme damage to
                an un-armed human. When I was a child, a buck tried killing a man
                near my grandparent's farm in Winfield, KS during mating season.
                The man had to wrestle the buck into a farm pond, where he drowned
                the buck, or else the buck would have continued gouging him with his
                horns; it was like being stabbed repeatedly in the chest.
                Message 7 of 21 , May 6 8:25 PM

                  *  We should probably be careful when attaching the word energy to Etheric, since it would be easy to associate etheric energy with other types of energy, such as magnetic energy, which operates freely and explicitly of the mind; when it is not this kind of energy at all.  Etheric energy isn't energy in the Newtonian sense of the word.  You can't package Etheric energy into fragmented mathematic symbols the way you would the forces represented by the Conservation of Energy Theorem.  We can, however, mathematically quantify kinetic energy or potential energy or rotational momentum and squeeze them into the CE Theorem (mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare =  mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare).

                  *  Lately I've been devoting much of my reading time to the study of viruses.  From a spiritual science perspective, they are astonishing little creatures.  Viruses seem to have no soul of their own and look oddly "empty" inside under a telescope, having few internal structures other than strands of DNA which they ghoulishly inject into host cells.  Technically, viruses are obligate intracellular parasites.  They occupy a foggy gray zone between life and nonlife in the sense that they're biologically inert; they cannot replicate themselves through meiosis or mitosis, and cannot generate their own energy, ATP (andosine triphosphate).  They're creepy, skeletal, almost spider-like forms that float around the body seeking life, which they themselves apparently do no possess.    Here is a link to a Web page showing a picture of the bacteriophage T4 virus.  Check it out.

                  http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/Big_Virology/BVDNAmyo.html

                  *  My French courses in high school might come in handy, after all.  Viva la Nicolas Sarkozy!  This is a person who knows where liberalism and socialism has taken The West---into the ABYSS.  Let's see if we can climb out.