Re: [steiner] Anthroposophy

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
      Dear John ... To be honest, I found this site chaotic
      and confusing ... but each to his own.

      Christ is " the I AM " ... the site talks of '" I DO
      " ...
      and Michael being Christ .. Steiner and the Bible tell
      us that Michael is the Messenger or countenance of
      Christ. There is alot of cross referencing of names
      and many at odds with what Anthroposophy expounds.
      However, it is always interesting to look at how
      others are thinking about these things. I thank you
      for that.

      regards ... Sue.

    • Sue
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006
        Attached is a picture of the painting on the ceiling
        in the dome of the first Goetheanum, painted by Rudolf
        Steiner... unfortunately lost to the flames.

      • Kathy Landes
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006

          Thanks! This is really interesting. Would you tell us more about the paining itself?

          Kat

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 19, 2006
            The ceiling paintings are a depiction of Steiner's
            Initiate insight into details of evolution as outlined
            in 'Occult Science' and 'Cosmic Memory, Prehistory of
            Earth and Man'. The evolution of the "I" (ICH).
            One requires knowledge of Anthroposophy, but through
            meditation on the Rainbow, one begins to get an
            inkling of the magnitude and depth of these ceiling
            paintings of the first Goetheanum.
            Here is one of Steiner's Rainbow Meditations:

            In the darkness I find God's Being
            In Rose Red I feel the source of Life
            In Ether Blue rests the yearning of the Spirit
            In Life's Green breathes all Life's Breath
            In Gold Yellow radiates Thinking's clarity
            In Fiery Red is rooted the Strength of Will
            Sun's White manifests the Kernel of my Being.

          • Hithcalen
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

              Hi,

              well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
              Maybe there a study to do about that.

              Maltamir

            • Hithcalen

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

                  As an artist this is most fascinating. The poem is very powerful. I can see it as I read it.