Re: [steiner] Anthroposophy

  • My2Cents
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
      Dear John,

      First, I wish to thank Sue for the Steiner quote, which is so deeply restorative and refreshing, and especially so following my just completed deep study of Robert Spencer's terrific *The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and the Crusades*, which cleary emphasizes many points and individualities Steiner spoke of so very clearly. I might add the author, who also publishes "Jihad Watch", cites 2 complete references of E.A.Wallis Budge, both of which are available via web.

      John, I feel Steiner's works so clearly speak to my inner being that I am unable to embrace the fine, but very incomplete--one might even hazard "watery"--site you so kindly posted for us. I realize this site is one attracting many individuals today, so many of whom appear to be staggering around desperately searching for truth, but it sounds terribly "hollow" in comparison to Steiner's truths so deeply given with great exactitude.

      It is good to see you posting again--I have deeply profitted from your vast insight over quite some years.

      My2Cents

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
        Dear John ... To be honest, I found this site chaotic
        and confusing ... but each to his own.

        Christ is " the I AM " ... the site talks of '" I DO
        " ...
        and Michael being Christ .. Steiner and the Bible tell
        us that Michael is the Messenger or countenance of
        Christ. There is alot of cross referencing of names
        and many at odds with what Anthroposophy expounds.
        However, it is always interesting to look at how
        others are thinking about these things. I thank you
        for that.

        regards ... Sue.

      • Sue
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006
          Attached is a picture of the painting on the ceiling
          in the dome of the first Goetheanum, painted by Rudolf
          Steiner... unfortunately lost to the flames.

        • Kathy Landes
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006

            Thanks! This is really interesting. Would you tell us more about the paining itself?

            Kat

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 19, 2006
              The ceiling paintings are a depiction of Steiner's
              Initiate insight into details of evolution as outlined
              in 'Occult Science' and 'Cosmic Memory, Prehistory of
              Earth and Man'. The evolution of the "I" (ICH).
              One requires knowledge of Anthroposophy, but through
              meditation on the Rainbow, one begins to get an
              inkling of the magnitude and depth of these ceiling
              paintings of the first Goetheanum.
              Here is one of Steiner's Rainbow Meditations:

              In the darkness I find God's Being
              In Rose Red I feel the source of Life
              In Ether Blue rests the yearning of the Spirit
              In Life's Green breathes all Life's Breath
              In Gold Yellow radiates Thinking's clarity
              In Fiery Red is rooted the Strength of Will
              Sun's White manifests the Kernel of my Being.

            • Hithcalen
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

                Hi,

                well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
                Maybe there a study to do about that.

                Maltamir

              • Hithcalen

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

                    As an artist this is most fascinating. The poem is very powerful. I can see it as I read it.