Re: [steiner] Anthroposophy

  • John Massengale
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
      Re: [steiner] Anthroposophy What do people think of this site <http://interdenominationaldivineorder.com/>?

      On 1/23/06 2:25 AM, "Sue" <aquariusrises2001@...> wrote:

      "Christ said: "I am with you always, even unto the end of the
      world." And He is with us not as one who is dead, but as a living
      Being among us, revealing Himself continuously. And only
      people so shortsighted as to fear these revelations can want us
      to stay with what has held good in the past. Those who are not
      cowards know Christ is always revealing Himself; therefore, we
      may accept what He has revealed in the form of anthroposophy
      as a true Christ-revelation. Members have often asked me how
      they can establish a relationship with Christ. This is a naive
      question; for everything we strive for, every line we read of our
      anthroposophical science, is an entering into a relationship with
      Christ. In a certain sense, we really do nothing else. And those
      who seek an additional, special way of entering into a
      relationship with Christ are only naively expressing that they
      would prefer to avoid the more troublesome way of reading and
      studying."

      "Everything spiritual science can give us will ultimately culminate
      in the Christian view of the world, which will prevail. As I have
      often said, spiritual science does not want to be a new kind of
      religion. Rather it wants to provide the tools for humanity, which
      would otherwise completely fall prey to materialism, to fully
      understand again the spiritual that is contained in Christianity. It
      is absolutely necessary to look with open eyes at our age, and
      that is much more important than any sentimental looking into it."

      Rudolf Steiner.

      Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      ommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:
    • My2Cents
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
        Dear John,

        First, I wish to thank Sue for the Steiner quote, which is so deeply restorative and refreshing, and especially so following my just completed deep study of Robert Spencer's terrific *The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and the Crusades*, which cleary emphasizes many points and individualities Steiner spoke of so very clearly. I might add the author, who also publishes "Jihad Watch", cites 2 complete references of E.A.Wallis Budge, both of which are available via web.

        John, I feel Steiner's works so clearly speak to my inner being that I am unable to embrace the fine, but very incomplete--one might even hazard "watery"--site you so kindly posted for us. I realize this site is one attracting many individuals today, so many of whom appear to be staggering around desperately searching for truth, but it sounds terribly "hollow" in comparison to Steiner's truths so deeply given with great exactitude.

        It is good to see you posting again--I have deeply profitted from your vast insight over quite some years.

        My2Cents

[...]

        No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
      • Sue
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2006
          Dear John ... To be honest, I found this site chaotic
          and confusing ... but each to his own.

          Christ is " the I AM " ... the site talks of '" I DO
          " ...
          and Michael being Christ .. Steiner and the Bible tell
          us that Michael is the Messenger or countenance of
          Christ. There is alot of cross referencing of names
          and many at odds with what Anthroposophy expounds.
          However, it is always interesting to look at how
          others are thinking about these things. I thank you
          for that.

          regards ... Sue.

        • Sue
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006
            Attached is a picture of the painting on the ceiling
            in the dome of the first Goetheanum, painted by Rudolf
            Steiner... unfortunately lost to the flames.

          • Kathy Landes
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 17, 2006

              Thanks! This is really interesting. Would you tell us more about the paining itself?

              Kat

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 19, 2006
                The ceiling paintings are a depiction of Steiner's
                Initiate insight into details of evolution as outlined
                in 'Occult Science' and 'Cosmic Memory, Prehistory of
                Earth and Man'. The evolution of the "I" (ICH).
                One requires knowledge of Anthroposophy, but through
                meditation on the Rainbow, one begins to get an
                inkling of the magnitude and depth of these ceiling
                paintings of the first Goetheanum.
                Here is one of Steiner's Rainbow Meditations:

                In the darkness I find God's Being
                In Rose Red I feel the source of Life
                In Ether Blue rests the yearning of the Spirit
                In Life's Green breathes all Life's Breath
                In Gold Yellow radiates Thinking's clarity
                In Fiery Red is rooted the Strength of Will
                Sun's White manifests the Kernel of my Being.

              • Hithcalen
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

                  Hi,

                  well formally, it makes me think of the siena school which was including several images in the same plan and a fusion of the subject in the nature. I think it reveal, as Steiner always said, that spiritual vision proceed (in some kind) from 'artistic' vision.
                  Maybe there a study to do about that.

                  Maltamir

                • Hithcalen

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 20, 2006

                      As an artist this is most fascinating. The poem is very powerful. I can see it as I read it.