The Koran: A Jail of Perfection

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      Note how, in the Bible, God never speaks through the prophets.
      Unlike the Koran, God speaks to his prophets (including Paul and the
      Disciples). God's words are revealed to them, instead of channeled.
      The Word of God and the words of men intermix during intense
      visionary experiences---visions that, by their very nature, are
      distinct unto themselves, humanized. Because the prophets and
      disciples interjected their own "I" into their visions we have a
      collection of unique and individualized testimonies inspired by God.
      Their uniqueness is due to the fact that each apostle, each disciple,
      each prophet is himself unique, expressing a well-defined level of
      consciousness; each gospel, in fact, represents a different mode of
      thought, a different way of approaching God; whereas with the Koran,
      there is only one way. We are not reading the Prophet Mohammed's
      words in the Koran; we are reading the infallible word of God coming
      directly through Mohammed's pen. The Koran is without a human "I".

      Therefore the Koran cannot be interpreted organically. It has a
      built-in theology that is unchangeable, hindering all attempts to
      personalize the message from generation to generation as human
      society evolves through the Ages. The universal nature of the Koran
      holds Islam in the "infallibility and perfection" of its own words.

      Mathew Morrell
      www.kcpost.net