etc

    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
      **If Jesus Christ were placed in a parallel universe, where good is
      bad and bad is good, he would become the opposite of his former self,
      right?

      And, if Jesus was wholly good we would expect Jesus to become the
      antithesis of goodness in the parallel universe. We would expect him
      to become wholly evil.

      Is it possible, however, to envision a Christ whose shadow-self isn't
      evil, whose essence is undivided by religious dualism, a Christ
      beyond good and evil?

      How would such a Christ be explained?

      **The New Age father feels as though it is his responsibility to play
      with his child, moreover be his child's playmate. In itself this is
      not bad. Playful activity is a way to bond with the child. But all
      too often we see the parent, usually the father, taking play-time to
      an extreme, to the point wherein the father begins to relate to the
      child, not as an adult, not as a guardian, or not as a parent, but as
      a child. In essence he reverts to an unbalanced state of mind in
      order to stimulate the child during their playful activity; but in
      the process, sacrifices his own masculine self identity for an
      identity that is emotionally unstable---manic. At one moment the
      father is gleeful while playing with the child, but the next moment
      sullen and depressed. Gradually he depletes his vitality and falls
      into an unhealthy frame of mind that becomes very intolerant of the
      child's youthful enthusiasm. Child abuse occurs during the "down"
      periods.

      The New Age man should not be left alone with children.
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 2, 2006
        **Learning the Hendrix tune, "Little Wing," or rather the
        instrumental version. Luckily my cat is deaf. It is a difficult
        piece, made all the more difficult by the fact that I'm playing it on
        a classical guitar. My intention is to "redeem" the song somehow, as
        Stevie Ray Vaughan had redeemed it: by enlightening any unconscious
        space within the song that contains muddle, darkness, or meaningless
        phrases. Not many, I assure you. Constantly I am in I awe of the
        great surges of genius that erupt through the primeval cord
        structures that form the interweaving structure of the song, surges
        that express an element that I can only describe as sublime
        suffering, or even agony, but an agony that is willingly and loving
        endured. On the other side of the agony is the Little Wing, the
        eternal feminine.

        **Reading Steiner's work "Isis Mary Sophia: Her Mission and Ours."
        The initiate must willingly endure the "sacrifices of the spirit" in
        order to spiritualize his astral body, which is his imagination. The
        suffering he endures is the stripping away of desires rooted in
        materialism. He must strip his carnal appetites in order that the
        etheric body may receive the purified impulses of the astral body,
        which is the Virgin. Then and only then can he receive the Holy
        Spirit.

        **We are nearing the time of the year when we customarily renounce
        some vice we have. We are nearing Lent. If you are a stranger to
        the joys of renunciation, why not surrender your self this
        year? "The cleansed, purified astral body, which bears within it at
        the moment of illumination none of the impure impressions of the
        physical world. but only the organs of perception of the spiritual
        world, is called in esoteric Christianity "the pure, chaste, wise
        Virgin Sophia." ---RS "Isis Mary Sophia", P.73.

        Mathew Morrell
        www.kcpost.net
        "Never trust anyone whose spirituality does not include laughter" --
        Meister Eckhardt
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 11, 2006
          **Yes there's sleep in the afterlife, at least I hope there is. I
          can't sing praise to God 24-7, like the God-channel on cable. I'm
          not a Chinese immigrant convenience store manager. Some of us need a
          break every once in a while, no matter if I'm in heaven or on Earth.
          Even the most pious of us---Tammy Fay Baker included---need oblivion
          now and then, voideness, to dream the dream of nothing. Do you
          expect God's Holy Choir to sing and sing and sing, without
          intermission, for eternity? Steiner writes in "Secrets of the
          Threshold", Pg 83: "After one has lived for a time in the [elemental
          world], one feels the need within oneself to [sleep]." [my
          parenthesis]

          **We don't need to speak-out for Good Jesus. Good Jesus is spoken
          for. Every major thinker in the last 150 years---CG Jung, Colin
          Wilson, Nietzsche, Tolstoy, Buck Minster Fuller, the midget from
          Fantasy Island---rejects or embraces Jesus on the basis that he is
          super duper good. Well, I say we stand for a different type of
          Jesus---the non-super-duper Jesus, the Jesus of impulse and
          irrationality, the Jesus of evolution and I'AM, the Jesus of the
          Bible. The super-duper-good Jesus is in South Park, CO. He's a talk
          show host, wears sandals and talks like a hippie. The problem is,
          super-duper-good hippies are good for nothing. "Hippies suck,"---
          Cartman

          **Matthew 19:17

          Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 26, 2006
            ** In her sleep my cousin speaks discernible sentences. This would
            not be significant, if not for the fact that my cousin is severely
            mentally retarded and has never spoken a discernible sentence while
            awake. In her sleep, mental impulses bypass the damaged portion of
            her physical brain and she is able to talk in a state of sleep,
            detached from her physical body. Her ability to think "outside" her
            brain, proves the ancients right: Our mind's exist around our
            bodies, not within the physical brain, but rather in the auras that
            surround us. The physical brain is merely a receiver of sort that
            organizes, assembles and programs thought on the physical level.

            ** In Matthew 5:38, during his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus encourages
            us to transcend our old concepts of morality and justice, to love thy
            enemy and turn the other cheek, instead of seek vengeance. A major
            New York art gallery shows an exhibit that includes a crucifix
            standing in a jar of urine---and we turn the other cheek. An artist
            spreads elephant dung on the Virgin Mary within the same gallery---
            and we seek not vengeance. This exhibition is financed by the
            National Endowment for the Arts, with our tax dollars, and we turn
            the other cheek. Our Lord is blasphemed day by day, year by year,
            with great vindictiveness and hatred. "But I say unto you, That ye
            resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek,
            turn to him the other also." [Matt 5:39.]

            ** In contrast the Old Testament preaches an "eye for an eye." If a
            man removes your eye, his eye shall be removed. It does not say,
            remove both his eyes and kill his family if he removed one of your
            eyes. It says, an eye for an eye. Therefore this edict is just,
            because it stresses equality.

            ** True Islam, the one taught by Mohammed, teaches the Old
            Testament "eye for an eye" justice.

            "And (as for) those who have earned evil, the punishment of an evil
            is the like of itÂ…" --Koran, Surah X: 27

            Outstanding tortures and mass slaughters are only justified under the
            laws of Jihad, when Mohammed's "eye for an eye" is no longer
            relevant. A whole other set of retribution laws are set aside for
            non-Muslims during times of war; leaders of radical Islam take
            advantage of the laws of Jihad to justify their tribalistic forms of
            retribution and torture. Simply plucking out an infidels eye,
            because he has plucked yours out, is not enough for "the tribe"; the
            offender's family is massacred and the offender tortured and killed.
            The morality of tribalism is extremely dangerous and, like a poison,
            has expanded over much of Africa and the Middle East, through
            Wahhabism. So far the West has experienced the horror of tribalism
            only in its urban pockets, where tribalism takes the form of race
            affiliated gangs, i.e. the Bloods and the Crips, or the Hells
            Angels.

            ** Christ says turn the other cheek, if one strikes you. But he
            doesn't say turn the other cheek if your enemy rapes your wife, or
            threatens your nation with destruction, or tries to decapite you if
            you don't kneel on a prayer mat facing Mecca. Be wise as a serpent,
            gentle as a dove.
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
              ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
              clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
              everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

              MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
              as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
              root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
              (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
              evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
              prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
              terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
              solider is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms
              with a sociopath who is subtly trying to destroy him
              psychologically. This story is a microcosm of the Iraq War that
              entered my consciousness in the form of a picture.

              ** I never said I was anything but a "new ager." I was raised in a
              new age church (Unity). I read new age literature growing up; my
              parents are both die hard liberal new age Clintonites; I dropped out
              of society at 18 and lived in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
              for five years, worked construction simultaneous with attending new
              age retreats at JZ Knight's Ancient School Of Wisdom. I've never set
              foot in an orthodox Christian or an evangelical church in my entire
              life. I don't even know what they smell like, nor do I care. The
              reason I attack "the New Age" is because I know it from the inside
              out. I am both their greatest defender and their most aggressive
              attacker. I am the Shiva of the New Age.

              Mathew Morrell
              www.kcpost.net
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
                clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
                everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

                MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
                as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
                root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
                (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
                evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
                prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
                terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
                soldier is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 12, 2006
                  ** The video store down the block didn't carry any Fu Manchu
                  movies. I had to buy them elsewhere. They should arrive in a week
                  or two. Until then....

                  ** In essence the cultist lives in a fantasy world, or rather a
                  shared fantasy in which more than one person is collectively
                  involved. In the case of RSE, you have thousands: a whole community
                  believing that they're master is an ascended god, and that the
                  information that they receive from the Ranch is Top Secret.
                  Collective illusion-making is a fascinating dynamic of a cult, RSE
                  included; the delusions aren't lived by a single individual. The
                  illusions are reinforced by the community. When you have thousands
                  of people all forced into thinking the same thought and feeling the
                  same emotions that creates a very powerful dynamic, a group soul.
                  Although powerful, it hinders individuation of the ego, stunts
                  personal growth, and makes having an ego wholly un-necessary.
                  Thinking, willing and feeling is taken over by a collective
                  organization of souls bound together by a thread of like-mindedness.
                  The ego is absolved of the responsibility of having to think for
                  itself; in effect, submerges into un-conscious state highly
                  susceptible to brainwashing techniques. The "cultist" becomes, in
                  Tomberg terms, a herd animal, "negating all that is individual and
                  aristocratic in favor of devoting oneself all-the-more-strongly to a
                  pride that is sub-individual and collectivized."

                  ** Again, the objective of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment is to
                  ensnare people in fantasy; or to be more exact, ensnare them in a
                  philosophy in which fantasy supplants objective truth as the basis
                  of reality. In JZs philosophy, there is no truth, nor objective
                  reality. There are only individual realities based on a person's
                  subjective understanding. Therefore fantasy is reality; a sort of
                  Eighth Sphere in which the soul is unable to differentiate between
                  what belongs to reality and what is merely thought.

                  The word Eight Sphere is an old occult term from the nineteenth
                  century. Today we might use the term "virtual reality" to describe
                  the type of realm that the RSE student aims for in his/her spiritual
                  practices. Their aim is not to live according to divine principles,
                  after all. It is to give substantiality and dimension to fantasies;
                  it is to exist on a plane of being where their own personal desires
                  manifest themselves without limit; it is to replace a world based on
                  divine principles with a world in which their subjective thoughts
                  may achieve instantaneous gratification; where they live as if in a
                  dream, without pain or suffering and without karmic atonement; where
                  they may live eternally in the illusion of their own making.
                  Ultimately, the purpose of the Eighth Sphere is to exist in a
                  reality based on egotistical desires, where egotism reaches its
                  fullest possible manifestation. Here man is subjected to the hell
                  of his own egotism.
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 13 1:32 PM
                    **A fellow wrote me regarding last month's post on the mechanical
                    nature of thought. His email was well-thought-out and provided
                    corrections and insights into what I had written on the subject.
                    Hopefully he won't get mad if I post a portion of his email:

                    "I fully concur with Matthew's reference to the mechanical nature of
                    everyday thought. That's what the first "subsidiary exercise" (the
                    first of the foundation practices for spiritual development given by
                    Steiner) is about. You get a very precise sense of thought having a
                    self-spinning, automatic life when you try to hold onto a logical
                    train of newly-generated thinking around an every day object.
                    Steiner also refers to the tendency of the head to become animal
                    similarly. Unless I misread the Philosophy entirely, the moment of
                    intuition, when thinking & concept become one is an expression of
                    genuine spiritual
                    activity. Reflective thought of the every day kind has the same
                    relationship to the reality of thinking as a photograph to that
                    which it "captures". Hence Steiner's often repeated criticism of
                    Descartes' "Cogito ergo sum" because in thinking there lives not the
                    sum (being), but the non-sum (non-being). So in order to think, our
                    materiality has to die, & in knowing the thought (retrospective to
                    the act of thinking itself) the spiritually resistent material self
                    has to be recreated. I hope that's of some help - if I haven't got
                    it wrong?"

                    **Since the death of that Australian dude by the stingray we've
                    heard a lot of speculation on the psychology of animal attacks. Why
                    do they do it? One theory goes that animals only attack humans when
                    the animal sees the human as a fellow animal; but if the animal
                    handler approaches an animal with "tzelem Elokim" ---the Image of
                    G'd"---the animal won't attack; it will subject itself in
                    obedience. The animal may strike out against the handler, but only
                    as a defensive measure: as a way of communicating its feelings and
                    establishing bounds.

                    Perhaps that's overly idealistic, I don't know. I have only a
                    limited experience interacting with animals through the years---just
                    horses (ferrier work), Llamas (cleaning), outdoor encounters with
                    wild animals, fishing, hunting (in my early years, I don't hunt
                    anymore), and taking care of my own pets. Certainly I've been
                    exposed to men who could be considered master animal handlers.
                    Although they weren't necessarily godly in their personal life, in
                    their professional life, working with animals, they were masterful:
                    in the "tzelem Elokim." To work successfully with animals it is
                    advantageous to be purified of the crude animal configurations which
                    project from the astral body.

                    The unprovoked animal attack is exceptionally rare and arises, I
                    believe, out of a breakdown in the man-animal relationship. A
                    reversal occurs. The experience is terrifying because even the most
                    seemingly harmless animal is capable of producing extreme damage to
                    an un-armed human. When I was a child, a buck tried killing a man
                    near my grandparent's farm in Winfield, KS during mating season.
                    The man had to wrestle the buck into a farm pond, where he drowned
                    the buck, or else the buck would have continued gouging him with his
                    horns; it was like being stabbed repeatedly in the chest.
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 6, 2007

                      *  We should probably be careful when attaching the word energy to Etheric, since it would be easy to associate etheric energy with other types of energy, such as magnetic energy, which operates freely and explicitly of the mind; when it is not this kind of energy at all.  Etheric energy isn't energy in the Newtonian sense of the word.  You can't package Etheric energy into fragmented mathematic symbols the way you would the forces represented by the Conservation of Energy Theorem.  We can, however, mathematically quantify kinetic energy or potential energy or rotational momentum and squeeze them into the CE Theorem (mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare =  mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare).

                      *  Lately I've been devoting much of my reading time to the study of viruses.  From a spiritual science perspective, they are astonishing little creatures.  Viruses seem to have no soul of their own and look oddly "empty" inside under a telescope, having few internal structures other than strands of DNA which they ghoulishly inject into host cells.  Technically, viruses are obligate intracellular parasites.  They occupy a foggy gray zone between life and nonlife in the sense that they're biologically inert; they cannot replicate themselves through meiosis or mitosis, and cannot generate their own energy, ATP (andosine triphosphate).  They're creepy, skeletal, almost spider-like forms that float around the body seeking life, which they themselves apparently do no possess.    Here is a link to a Web page showing a picture of the bacteriophage T4 virus.  Check it out.

                      http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/Big_Virology/BVDNAmyo.html

                      *  My French courses in high school might come in handy, after all.  Viva la Nicolas Sarkozy!  This is a person who knows where liberalism and socialism has taken The West---into the ABYSS.  Let's see if we can climb out.