RE: [steiner] Waldorf Schools, a cult?

  • wayne carrigon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2006
      i too thank you for the post, and agree about the
      robotic intent of the public rubric. i am
      contemplating a waldorf education for my son, i
      believe there's a school in chapel hill, but that's 2
      hours away, so i might contact them about home
      schooling using their curriculum, here in north
      carolina...

      --- Kathy Landes <katmoon@...> wrote:

      > As a college student majoring in education, I see
      > that teachers must
      > take on a parental role with their class. In
      > addition to teaching, a
      > teacher must be a role model and teach good morals.
      > I love the idea of a
      > blessing before and after class. What a perfect way
      > to set the intention
      > for the day.
      >
      > Cult like activity to me is when kids, who are
      > educated in public
      > schools, are dumb down to a state of being like a
      > robot. They spend
      > their day doing tons of worksheets. They don't even
      > know how to use a
      > textbook, nevertheless do any critical thinking.
      > History books are
      > written to teach what politicians want children to
      > believe, not always
      > the whole facts. The saddest part is that by the
      > time they get to high
      > school, these kids lose their sense of wonder. Many
      > of them are brain
      > dead and don't care. They medicate themselves with
      > video games.
      >
      > I really like the approach to alternative education
      > such as Waldorf
      > because it aims at teaching the whole person, the
      > body mind and spirit.
      > If this is a cult, I say bring in it on!
      >
      > PS. I am also a tutor for the AVID program.
      >
      > Thank you Mathew for a wonderful and thought
      > provoking post! :-)

      einer+college&w2=Higher+consciousness&w3=Rudolf+steiner&c=3&s=74&.sig=Xf
      > dvZIv-2DcXuZz7mHdpfA> steiner college
      > Higher

      ner+college&w2=Higher+consciousness&w3=Rudolf+steiner&c=3&s=74&.sig=qp0w
      > T-OUj9IV7-BMwrsE5Q> consciousness
      > Rudolf

      llege&w2=Higher+consciousness&w3=Rudolf+steiner&c=3&s=74&.sig=Ql8KwozdYh

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
        AOL Email
        On homeschooling and curriculums we use Live Education it is more to the true intent of Waldorf then Oak Meadow.

        "And until you truly have
        This ""dying and becoming,""
        You are but a troubled guest
        Roaming over the dark earth." ~Goethe