Soul-Calendar, Week 38 after Easter (Christmas)

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 2005
      Sorry to be late with this week's calendar again, but now I am back at my own computer and will be able to send them on time again. -starman

      The Calendar of the Soul

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative
      mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra
      on Easter Sunday. These mantras for each week are well known to many students of
      Steiner, but few know that the original "Calendar " ALSO had 12 Images
      of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of
      the solar forces in the cosmos, a listing of the Moon's phases &
      position in the signs each night for sensing the lunar forces, and a
      list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of
      events to contemplate on specific days. Here we present the
      "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

      constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. The
      symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and
      indications of Steiner's and colored with the corresponding color, is below.

      This week's mantra.
      For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic
      path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual
      hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper
      soul-forces into its inner experience is what is essential Also, these
      mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in
      that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
      original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 8 (CHRISTMAS) *
      Ich fuhle wie entzaubert
      Das Geisteskind im Seelenschoss;
      Es hat in Herzenshelligkeit
      Gezeugt das heilige Weltenwort
      Der Hoffnung Himmelsfrucht,
      Die jubelnd wachst in Weltenfernen
      Aus meines Wesens Gottesgrund.

      "I feel set free from a spell
      The Spirit-Child in Soul's Womb;
      It has in Heart's Clear Light
      Begotten the holy World-Word
      Of Hope the Heavens' Fruit,
      To joyously grow into World-Farnesses
      Out of my Essence's God-Ground."

      A partial interpretation:
         This week, we give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.

      The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along
      with some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday December 11th. Moon Taurus.  1843 Robert Koch born.

      Monday December 12th Moon Taurus.  Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

      Tuesday December 13th Moon Gemini. Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

      Wednesday December 14th Moon Gemini. Tycho Brahe born 1546.

      Thursday December 15th Moon Gemini. Full Moon.St. Ignatius.

      Friday December 16th Moon Cancer.  Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

      Saturday December 17th Moon Cancer. Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

      P.S. I found out while researching at the Goetheanum that Steiner
      definitely intended the Soul-Calendar list of peoples' birth and
      death-days to be added to by we users, as I'd thought. So from now on,
      I'm going to add more recent people to it. Members of the list
      should feel free to do the same.

      THE PLANETS: Venus the "evening star" can be seen low in the Western
      sky for a short time after sunset, just above the setting sun.
      Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth,
      rises in the East at sunset, near the Pleiades. Saturn rises in
      the East about midnight, close to the bright 'twin' stars Castor and
      Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.

    • Kathy Landes
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2005

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 53 KB

             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list ofdates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

        * MANTRA # 38 (Christmas) *

        Ich fuhle wie entzaubert

        Das Geisteskind im Seelenschoss;

        Es hat in Herzenshelligkeit

        Gezeugt das heilige Weltenwort

        Der Hoffnung Himmelsfrucht,

        Die jubelnd wachst in Weltenfernen

        Aus meines Wesens Gottesgrund.

        I feel set free from a spell

        The Spirit-Child in Soul's Womb;

        It has in Heart's Clear Light

        Begotten the holy World-Word,

        Of Hope the Heavens' Fruit,

        To joyously grow into World-Farnesses

        Out of my Essence's God-Ground.

        We give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, December 23rd. Moon Taurus. Dagobert.

        Monday, December 24th. Moon Taurus.  Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

        Tuesday, December 25th. Moon Gemini.  Birth of Jesus. Newton born 1642. Charlemagne crowned King in Rome 799.

        Wednesday, December 26th. Moon Gemini. St. Stephen, the first Martyr.

        Thursday, December 27th. Moon Cancer.  Day of John, author of the Gospel. Kepler born 1571.

        Friday Dec
        ember 28th. Moon Cancer. Full Moon.   Day of Remembrance of the Innocent Children murdered by Herod.

        Saturday,
         December 29th. Moon Cancer.     The Prophet Nathan.  Malthus the national economist died 1834.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

           Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. The full moon will be seen not far from it Thursday and Friday nights.

        -Starman
        Merry Christmas, all.

        Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2013

               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

             Because we start with the first mantra on Easter and Easter came early this year, this week we are arriving at the wonderful Christmas mantra a little early.

                                              * MANTRA # 38 (Christmas)  *

          Ich fuhle wie entzaubert

          Das Geisteskind im Seelenschoss;

          Es hat in Herzenshelligkeit

          Gezeugt das heilige Weltenwort

          Der Hoffnung Himmelsfrucht,

          Die jubelnd wachst in Weltenfernen

          Aus meines Wesens Gottesgrund.

          I feel set free from a spell

          The Spirit-Child in Soul's Womb;

          It has in Heart's Clear Light

          Begotten the holy World-Word

          Of Hope the Heavens' Fruit,

          To joyously grow into World-distances

          Out of my Being's divine Ground.

             Interpretation: We give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, December 15th. Moon Gemini.   St. Ignatius.

          Monday, December 16th. Moon Gemini. Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

          Tuesday, December 17th. Moon Cancer. Full Moon.   Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

          Wednesday,  December 18th. Moon Cancer.  Lamarck died 1829.

          Thursday, December 19th. Moon Cancer.   Abraham.

          Friday  December 20th. Moon Leo.  Ammon, Christian teacher of the 2nd century.

          Saturday,  December 21st. Moon Leo.
            Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

             Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.
            In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 7 P.M. The moon, just past full, is seen near it Wednesday and Thursday nights.