RE: [steiner] The Dead Sea Scrolls

  • My2Cents
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2005
      Dear Robin,

      I believe this article may have first been published in an early 1970s "Anthroposophical Journal", although a prior printing may well have taken place elsewhere. It seems to me Hiebel, at the time quite elderly, was a wonderful and frequent lecturer as well as writer on Anthroposophical matters. It seems to me, also, Hiebel may have felt some connection between Jeshua ben Pandira [circa 100 B.C.] and the Leader spoken of in his article. Several years ago I noticed this writing available from, I believe, Anthroposophical Press but it may have been listed among one of the other Anthroposophical/Rudolf Steiner publishers.

      I am happy you find Hiebel's work of interest and I was amazed by his seemingly connecting the two Jesus children. I had investigated Burroughs [sic?] and others' work on the scrolls but Hiebel's indepth analysis and thoughtful connections always, for me, carried a deeply living Truth.

      My2Cents