    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2005
      Sorry to be late with this week's calendar again. -starman

      The Calendar of the Soul

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative
      mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra
      on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of
      Steiner, but few know that the original "Calendar " ALSO had 12 Images
      of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of
      the solar forces in the cosmos, a listing of the Moon's phases &
      position in the signs each night for sensing the lunar forces, and a
      list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of
      events to contemplate on specific days. Here we present the
      "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

      constellation SCORPIO from November 9th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's and colored with the corresponding color, is below.

      2/Soul-Calendar%20Zodiac%20ImagesScorpio.jpg

      This week's mantra.
      For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic
      path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual
      hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper
      soul-forces into its inner experience is what is essential Also, these
      mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in
      that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
      original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 6 *
      In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
      Zur Offenbarung drangend
      Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
      Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
      Mit meinem Geisteslicht
      Zu opfern dich durch mich.

      "In my Being's Deeps speaks
      Urging me to Revelation
      Mysteriously the World-Word:
      'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
      With My Spirit-Light
      To offer yourself up through Me' "

      A partial interpretation:
      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. As we near Winter, this awareness grew to the point last week that we sought to so know the world that it was IT, not just the self, which worked creatively in us, and felt power lent us to so BE one with the world.
      This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that, if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves up through it.

      The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along
      with some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday November 27th. Moon Libra. 1701 Celsius born.
      Monday November 28th Moon Scorpio. Noah, the last Patriarch before the Flood..
      Tuesday November 29th Moon Scorpio. Decimal-Mass-System introduced in France 1800.
      Wednesday November 30th Moon Sagittarius. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.
      Thursday December 1st Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Longinus.
      Friday December 2nd Moon Capricorn. Cortez died 1547.
      Saturday December 3rd Moon Capricorn.St. Francis Xavier.

      P.S. I found out while researching here at the Goetheanum that Steiner
      definitely intended the Soul-Calendar list of peoples' birth and
      death-days to be added to by we users, as I'd thought. So from now on,
      I'm going to add more recent people to it. Members of the list
      should feel free to do the same.

      THE PLANETS: Venus the "evening star" can be seen low in the Western
      sky for a short time after sunset, just above the setting sun.
      Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth,
      rises in the East at sunset, near the Pleiades. Saturn rises in
      the East about midnight, close to the bright 'twin' stars Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 17, 2006
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

        days.

        constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.
        A version of the new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original
        Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
        attached to this e-mail.

        This week's mantra.
        uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
        experience.

        English to German.

        * M A N T R A # 3 6 *
        In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
        Zur Offenbarung drangend
        Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
        Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
        Mit meinem Geisteslicht
        Zu opfern dich durch mich.

        "In my Being's Deeps speaks
        Urging me to Revelation
        Mysteriously the World-Word:
        'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
        With My Spirit-Light
        To offer yourself up through Me' "

        An interpretation: This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's
        depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with
        its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

        **********************************

        some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

        Sunday, December 17th. Moon Sagittarius. Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ
        was awakened.

        Monday, December 18th. Moon Sagittarius. Lamarck died 1829.

        Tuesday, December 19th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Abraham.

        Wednesday, December 20th. Moon Capricorn. Ammon, Christian teacher of the
        2nd century.

        Thursday, December 21st. Moon Capricorn. Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting"
        Apostle.

        Friday, December 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Theodosius.

        Saturday, December 23rd. Moon Aquarius. Dagobert.