Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
      The Calendar of the Soul

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative
      mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
      within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra
      on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of
      Steiner, but few know that the original "Calendar " ALSO had 12 Images
      of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of
      the solar forces in the cosmos, a listing of the Moon's phases &
      position in the signs each night for sensing the lunar forces, and a
      list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of
      events to contemplate on specific days. Here we present the
      "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

      constellation SCORPIO from November 9th to 30th in our era.

      We are unable to send the symbolic image of the SCORPION from the
      original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's
      and colored with the corresponding color, with this e-mail. But it can
      be found in the group`s Files section.

      This week's mantra.
      For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic
      path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual
      hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper
      soul-forces into its inner experience is what is essential Also, these
      mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in
      that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
      original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 4 *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      A partial interpretation of this week's mantram:
      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows.
      Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt
      detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's
      participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create
      detached from the world would likewise be dead.
      Now, we find, in a mysterious way, this new growing
      self-consciousness as well as all our precious treasure of old
      experience come to life. Thus the World's power now consciously flows
      into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its
      nature onto the world.

      The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along
      with some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

      Sunday, November 13th. Moon Aries. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century
      as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Monday, November 14th. Moon Taurus. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died.
      1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Tuesday, November 15th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. Albertus Magnus (the
      great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas
      Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born.
      1741 Lavater born.

      Wednesday, November 16th. Moon Gemini. Edmund (King of England).

      Thursday, November 17th. Moon Gemini. 1875 Blavatsky founded the
      Theosophical Society.

      Friday, November 18th. Moon Cancer. 1789 Daguerre, the inventor of
      photography, born.

      Saturday, November 19th. Moon Cancer. Zacharius.

      P.S. I found out while researching here at the Goetheanum that Steiner
      definitely intended the Soul-Calendar list of peoples' birth and
      death-days to be added to by we users, as I'd thought. So from now on,
      I'm going to add more recent people to it, and members of the list
      should feel free to do the same.

      THE PLANETS: Venus the "evening star" can be seen low in the Western
      sky for a short time after sunset, just above the setting sun.
      Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth,
      rises in the East at sunset, near the
      Pleiades, the Full Moon Tuesday is seen close to it. Saturn rises in
      the East about midnight, close to the bright
      'twin' stars Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2007
        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

        *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

        Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
        Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
        Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
        Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
        In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
        Und werdend
        mich ins Dasein prägen.

        Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
        With newly-arisen Self-Being
        Within me I feel enlivened:
        It shall let flow awakened World-Power
        Into my Life's outer work
        And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

        This week's mantra:
        Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
        self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create, if detached from the world, would likewise be dead.

            Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
        mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life, and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday, November 25th. Moon Gemini. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

        Monday, November 26th. Moon Cancer.

        Tuesday, November 27th. Moon Cancer. 1701 Celsius born.

        Wednesday November 28th. Moon Leo.  Feast day of Noah.

        Thursday, November 29th. Moon Leo.

        Friday, November 30th. Moon Virgo. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

        Saturday, December 1st. Moon Virgo. First Quarter.  Longinus.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY:

           MARS rises in the East before midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, at its greatest brilliancy as it reaches opposition to the Sun over the next few months. During this time it will appear to stay in the same area of stars, as it does its 'retrograde loop': it will be back where it is right now, next to the stars at the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini) at the winter solstice, and there again at the vernal equinox. Mars will rise about an hour earlier each month, so it will be visible in the evening sky all winter. The waning moon is near it Monday and Tuesday nights.
           Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the East. Dimmer, yellowish SATURN is to the right of it, directly South, near the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

        Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2008
          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner
          gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to Nov. 30th in our era.
          A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

          Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
          Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
          Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
          Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
          In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
          Und werdend
          mich ins Dasein prägen.

          Mysteriously what is preserved of Old,
          With newly-arisen Self-Being
          Within me I feel enlivened:
          It shall let flow awakened World-Power
          Into my Life's outer work
          And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

          Some help to interpreting this week's mantra:
                Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to outer, summer "Nature-Consciouness") grows.

              Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the outer world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and saw likewise that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

              Now, we find within our new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of past experience again coming to life --- and thus the World's power (working on within us) now consciously flows into the deeds of our lives in such a way that the Self can imprint its nature onto the world.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, November 9th. Moon Aries.
           Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

          Monday, November 10th. Moon Aries. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

          Tuesday, November 11th. Moon Taurus.  St. Martin's Day.

          Wednesday, November 12th. Moon Taurus.  Full Moon.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

          Thursday, November 13th. Moon Gemini. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

          Friday, November 14th. Moon Gemini. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

          Saturday, November 15th. Moon Cancer.  Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

             JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset. To its right in the southern sky may be seen brilliant Venus, the 'evening star' above the setting sun. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct.

          Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009

          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
             Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

          Sunday, November 29th. Moon Taurus.   Alexander.

          Monday,  November 30th. Moon Taurus.  1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

          Tuesday,  December 1st. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.    Longinus.

          Wednesday,  December 2nd. Moon Gemini.  Cortez d. 1547.

          .

          Thursday,  December 3rd. Moon Cancer. St. Francis Xavier.

           .

          Friday,   December 4th. Moon Cancer.  Thomas Carlyle b. 1795. Galvani d. 1798.

          Saturday,   December 5th . Moon Leo.   Mozart died 1791.

                                     ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

          PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. Mars rises in the east about midnight.

          Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2010

              Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                 *******
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign (one of 5 shades of purple we can't yet actually perceive), is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

          Sunday, November 21st. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.   Festival of the Offering of Mary.

          Monday,  November 22nd.  Moon Gemini.  1694 Voltaire born.

          Tuesday,  November 23rd. Moon Cancer. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

          Wednesday,   November 24thMoon Cancer.  1632 Spinoza born.

          Thursday,   November 25thMoon Cancer.  1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

          Friday,    November 26th. Moon Leo.  Alexander.

          Saturday,    November 27th. Moon Leo.  1701 Celsius born.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
          Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

          Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011

             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
              The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

           *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

          Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
          Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
          Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
          Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
          In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
          Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

          Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
          With newly-arisen Self-Being
          Within me I feel enlivened:
          It shall let flow awakened World-Power
          Into my Life's outer work
          And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

              Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (instead of Outer World consciousness)grows.

              Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation in it, as an icy, dead wasteland --- and saw that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

              Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of past experience--- all we have brought with us from our whole past life--- again come to life; and the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of our life in such a way that the Self can imprint its nature onto the world.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, December 11th. Moon Cancer.   1843 Robert Koch born.

          Monday,  December 12th. Moon Cancer.   Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

          Tuesday, December 13th. Moon Leo.    Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

          Wednesday,  December 14th. Moon Leo.  Tycho Brahe born 1546.

          Thursday,  December 15th. Moon Virgo.  St. Ignatius.

          Friday,  December 16th. Moon Virgo.   Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

          Saturday,  December 17th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.  Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

              "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

          "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises about midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.   The waning (three-quarter) moon  will be seen near it Friday and Saturday late nights.

          FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 8th mantra today.