Re: [steiner] Elohim

  • Sarah Cherry
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2000
      At 1:41 PM -0800 12/26/00, Jeff Auen wrote:
      >Now, it is my understanding that that the Christ Being was one of
      >the Elohim, the most ready and capable to assume the role of
      >mediator of the Logos and the Sun Forces (as He gathers the forces
      >of other Elohim) to perform his mission on earth. This Being is also
      >united with the second or Son/Logos Principle of the Divine and
      >embodies this in Its work uniting Earth evolution with the highest
      >Impulses of Solar Divine.

      I've searched for this reference but cannot find one.

      In addition to the reference from Chapter 4 from Gisele, the
      following quote is from Chapter 3, page 54:(referring to the Christ)
      "He had to appear in a physical body. This was fulfilled in the
      historical figure Christ-Jesus, and the historical appearance of
      Christ Jesus means that the forces of the six Elohim, or of the
      Logos, were incarnated in Jesus of Nazareth."

      In chapter, 4 Steiner is quite specifically separates the reflected
      Light of Jave from the direct Light of the other six Elohim, saying
      that only when mankind was ready could we perceive the Godhead
      directly, and then it had to be with our human eyes (eyes that were
      prepared, and even created by the physical light.) the word Pleroma,
      or fullness specifically indicates the six Elohim. In Chapter 4 Dr.
      Steiner also says: "I have said that if we wish really to understand
      this Gospel, every word must be weighed in the balance."

      This is tough stuff to wrap your mind around! I guess one word at a
      time is as good a way as any!

      Sarah