Re: Web of Deceit!

  • catharinsun
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2005
      I just joined this group today because I discovered that a copy of the
      article by Prokofieff was in your files, and it seemed like the
      easiest way to make this available to an anthroposophical discussion
      group I belong to which has chosen the theme of the internet as its
      the theme which I followed with interest, until something strange
      happened. There was a shift from focus on the content to personal
      incriminations, something which surprised me because it seemed to be
      so counter to what I thought people who have such a grounding in the
      work of Steiner and the spiritual impulse that he brought to the world
      would involve themselves with. It seems that somewhere along the line
      the beast of the Internet has tempted the players, and they have ALL
      bitten. Perhaps some self restraint is called for, some reflection on
      what is being said/written before one presses the send button. Three
      days is a good cooling off period. Otherwise this group is set to self
      destruct. This has been my first foray into the world of online
      discussion groups, so I don't know if what I observed is typical. I
      guess I have been somewhat disappointed and dismayed. Perhaps I will
      revisit, perhaps not. Maybe in three days time. Maybe never.

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Sue <aquariusrises2001@y...> wrote:

      > Everywhere one goes … egoistic egos! Here is a classic situation of
      the human being out of balance
      > and one-sided. Even in a group purporting to be Anthroposophical. If
      this is an example of clear
      > thinking and this is the best the group can do … then I am
      embarrassed to be a part of it. Where
      > are the other 190 members?
      >
      > It seems to be a problem in any group … usually dominant males … who
      try to play the role of
      > God/Father. Who, in their youthful arrogance … some have never grown
      out of this … try to control
      > the free will of people by posting anything and everything and
      dismissing any free discussion when
      > someone else does not agree with them. To accuse someone of
      something that is abhorrent to the
      > accused shows immaturity and a need to control by the accuser. It is
      proof that a little bit of
      > knowledge, plumped out with flowery and dead thoughts, falling on
      the ears of the deaf, makes a
      > man appear wise … to the deaf!
      >
      > Surely it is obvious to any fair minded person, that the thief of
      Sheila's email address could
      > have added ANYONES name to it…even Mathew Morrells …(which is good
      ground to accuse him… by
      > Mathew's logic) they did it THREE times. For reasons unknown to me,
      Mathew Morrell has decided
      > that I'm this months witch and he will tie a stone to my feet to
      prove that I don't float. How
      > thoroughly fair and Christian of him. Maybe it was Mathew himself
      who did this! It's as logical as
      > accusing me .. or does he have seniority because he has been in this
      group controlling it for
      > sometime, or is the group hierarchical and I haven't played the
      `game'? Or maybe the Being of the
      > Internet has decided that he will exercise HIS power to control!
      >
      > Whatever the reason, I am not in the habit of defending myself to
      fools … I usually do not
      > associate with them. Incidentally, why haven't the "other two"
      responded? Oh that's right I AM
      > THREE people! How ludicrous. Foolish boy! If only my computer skills
      were so honed, ……… if only
      > your thinking was honed! Do you think if you repeat yourself enough
      times it will be true?

      > I am always open to intelligent discussion about Anthroposophy … it
      is how I live my life.
      > With this in mind, I ask, what would be the purpose of me stealing
      someone's (a friends) email
      > address? Meanwhile those who did this are sitting back saying…ahhhh!
      Those stupid anthropops …
      > can't even recognise their own! Divide and conquer … as far as I'm
      concerned, I have more
      > integrity than to be hoodwinked by someone's emotional outburst,
      designed to extract me from the
      > group for their own agenda!
      >
      > I can forgive you Mathew for your lack of discernment, this quality
      seems to come with age, but
      > when you actually arrive at the Truth of this situation, that is,
      when you have cultivated a
      > genuine interest in the Truth …you will feel highly embarrassed … if
      you don't already. Maybe
      > humility is something you have yet to learn!
      >
      > The alternative? .. wrap yourself in your smugness, keep your eyes
      closed and click your heels
      > three times. It is Kansas you live in right?
      >
      > Making a stand against the wrong in the world … I am not afraid … I
      LIVE IN Truth. The brighter
      > the light the darker the shadow. … the ONE Sue … I Am! Peace …
      Love.

      > Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
      voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

    • mrdanielyoung
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
        Sorry to ruin the fun people are having,but if you check out message
        2004 you will see that lilolmissey uses different user names quite
        often...........so whoever that may be was having a joke.Computers
        are crazy yes....but even this is beyond them...and computers dont
        have a sense of humor.

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "catharinsun" <catharinsun@y...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        > >
        > > I can forgive you Mathew for your lack of discernment, this
        quality
        > seems to come with age, but
        > > when you actually arrive at the Truth of this situation, that is,
        > when you have cultivated a
        > > genuine interest in the Truth …you will feel highly embarrassed …
        if
        > you don't already. Maybe
        > > humility is something you have yet to learn!
        > >
        > > The alternative? .. wrap yourself in your smugness, keep your eyes
        > closed and click your heels
        > > three times. It is Kansas you live in right?
        > >
        > > Making a stand against the wrong in the world … I am not afraid …
        > LIVE IN Truth. The brighter
        > > the light the darker the shadow. … the ONE Sue … I Am!
        Peace …
        > Love.

        > > Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide

      • Lee A.
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
          Dear C,

          I think you may have fallen prey to the great internet illusion- discussions are just words and information on the screen. Unfortuately there are human beings behind these discussions and when spiritual topics are being dealt with, all hell can break loose, at times. I have been engaged in this for 5 years, off and on, and seen it all- male ego dog fights, fervant pleas to return to peaceful manners, vulgarity and name calling, profound discussions lasting for weeks, etc. In spiritually oriented groups, there lies hidden a layer of self protection generated by a personalized committment to a belief system or teacher. Though most groups must have a focus and not wander all over the metaphyical landscape, the ultimate goals should be striving for the truth not supporting doctrine or contantly claiming utter perfection for a teacher. At least that is my goal. RS,for example, ranks as one of the most gifted and brillant under recognised geniuses in the last 2000 years in my humble opinion, yet he let loose at times to members in meetings; became disgusted with party and group politics; and sometimes wanted to wash his hands of things. He also was a bit critical at times of critics and made fun of them and some say he had ( maybe still does have) a great sense of humor. He was a man and a great spritual leader and innovator. Let's honor both.

          Be patient. All things will pass. People will settle down, some will leave, some will speak up more and some will quiet down.

          I suggest you get involved actively and ask some probing questions.

          Lee

        • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 13, 2005
            AOL Email
            Are we done yet?  This is a done thread.

            "And until you truly have
            This ""dying and becoming,""
            You are but a troubled guest
            Roaming over the dark earth." ~Goethe