etc

    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 7, 2005

      1.  Not many astronomers in Steiner's day believed that the Moon was once adjoined with the Earth; in the early 1900s, astronomers generally felt that the Moon was captured by Earth's gravitational field.  Where as, in the modern age, the majority of astronomers would now agree with Steiner's outrageous vision.  For the Earth to have captured a moon from the Early Universe would have been very possible indeed, but not very probable.  Extraordinary circumstances must prevail in order to capture any astronomical object, let alone set that object within a bound orbit.  Scientific analysis of the moon's overall composition further substantiate the Moon-Earth hypothesis; tests prove that the Moon's composition is very similar (in astronomical terms) to the Earth's outer layers; the Moon has no magnetic core, but the Earth does.  The Moon pulled away from the Earth while the two were still very young, hot, accreting spheres of loosely bound material.  Tremendous spiritual Powers were involved in this separation; for it did not occur mechanically.  The creation of an inhabitable Earth was the work of divine intelligences willing Earth into existence, using infinitely subtle forces to gently extract necessary elements from the Earth's outer core:  capitalizing on the gigantic magnetic field emitted by the slowly rotating Mass.

      >  >

      2.  A poem, untitled.

      >  >

      The Old Earth is silently sleeping,

                  the void alight with her glow.

      Her globe a circle of gems blinking

      yellows, greens and golds.

      >  >

      >  >

      3.  People should consider reading Colin Wilson's "Spider World," if they have any free time this weekend and want to curl up with a good book; this science fiction series is especially appropriate after our discussions in the past week concerning "spiders." "Spider World" takes place in the far future, after a world catastrophe almost totally eradicates the human population.  The few humans that are left on the earth are kept as slaves, not by fellow human, but by a population of giant spiders which rule the earth through their awesome mind powers.  The spiders seem unconquerable until the hero of the story, Niall, discovers a way of thinking that is unaffected by spider's icy intelligence.  What he learns is essentially "thought-free" thinking---thinking devoid of abstraction.

      >  >

      >  >

      >  >

      Mathew Morrell

      www.kcpost.net

    • Lee A.
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
      • Lee A.
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
        • Lee A.
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005
          • Lee A.
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 8, 2005

              It is interesting to note in the lecture on Materialism and the Task of Anthroposophy that the spidery creatures or beings described are not necessary the result of technological development per se but from the continuation of our present thinking patterns and shallow materialistic perceptions of nature. It would make sense that that the thoughts associated with video games, the Internet, etc. could contribute to this. Another image that seems interesting to contemplate is that electrical patterns of all sorts are not just random impulses of electro-magnetism but are organized wave carriers of bits of "information" . These binary or digital wave pulses have a certain organized pattern which reflects the intelligence of the users.. One could speculate that these digital forms could become the bodily energy forms of other beings seeking to interface with the earth. Yet, this is not implied in this article by Steiner.

              In addition,  RS strongly implies (in this lecture) that the moon will reunite with the earth in several thousand years . This is too incredible to contemplate and is another reason that outsiders point to AP being filled with fantasy and abstract claims of its own well!. How such an event could PHYSICALLY take place is hard to imagine in the near futrue. Obvious widespread destruction of the earth would occur and be hardly inhabitable by whoever is left over. Unless the moon changes physically into some other form of substance, this is a an event that needs extensive explanation.

              . Any suggestions?

              Lee

              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                **If Jesus Christ were placed in a parallel universe, where good is
                bad and bad is good, he would become the opposite of his former self,
                right?

                And, if Jesus was wholly good we would expect Jesus to become the
                antithesis of goodness in the parallel universe. We would expect him
                to become wholly evil.

                Is it possible, however, to envision a Christ whose shadow-self isn't
                evil, whose essence is undivided by religious dualism, a Christ
                beyond good and evil?

                How would such a Christ be explained?

                **The New Age father feels as though it is his responsibility to play
                with his child, moreover be his child's playmate. In itself this is
                not bad. Playful activity is a way to bond with the child. But all
                too often we see the parent, usually the father, taking play-time to
                an extreme, to the point wherein the father begins to relate to the
                child, not as an adult, not as a guardian, or not as a parent, but as
                a child. In essence he reverts to an unbalanced state of mind in
                order to stimulate the child during their playful activity; but in
                the process, sacrifices his own masculine self identity for an
                identity that is emotionally unstable---manic. At one moment the
                father is gleeful while playing with the child, but the next moment
                sullen and depressed. Gradually he depletes his vitality and falls
                into an unhealthy frame of mind that becomes very intolerant of the
                child's youthful enthusiasm. Child abuse occurs during the "down"
                periods.

                The New Age man should not be left alone with children.
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 2, 2006
                  **Learning the Hendrix tune, "Little Wing," or rather the
                  instrumental version. Luckily my cat is deaf. It is a difficult
                  piece, made all the more difficult by the fact that I'm playing it on
                  a classical guitar. My intention is to "redeem" the song somehow, as
                  Stevie Ray Vaughan had redeemed it: by enlightening any unconscious
                  space within the song that contains muddle, darkness, or meaningless
                  phrases. Not many, I assure you. Constantly I am in I awe of the
                  great surges of genius that erupt through the primeval cord
                  structures that form the interweaving structure of the song, surges
                  that express an element that I can only describe as sublime
                  suffering, or even agony, but an agony that is willingly and loving
                  endured. On the other side of the agony is the Little Wing, the
                  eternal feminine.

                  **Reading Steiner's work "Isis Mary Sophia: Her Mission and Ours."
                  The initiate must willingly endure the "sacrifices of the spirit" in
                  order to spiritualize his astral body, which is his imagination. The
                  suffering he endures is the stripping away of desires rooted in
                  materialism. He must strip his carnal appetites in order that the
                  etheric body may receive the purified impulses of the astral body,
                  which is the Virgin. Then and only then can he receive the Holy
                  Spirit.

                  **We are nearing the time of the year when we customarily renounce
                  some vice we have. We are nearing Lent. If you are a stranger to
                  the joys of renunciation, why not surrender your self this
                  year? "The cleansed, purified astral body, which bears within it at
                  the moment of illumination none of the impure impressions of the
                  physical world. but only the organs of perception of the spiritual
                  world, is called in esoteric Christianity "the pure, chaste, wise
                  Virgin Sophia." ---RS "Isis Mary Sophia", P.73.

                  Mathew Morrell
                  www.kcpost.net
                  "Never trust anyone whose spirituality does not include laughter" --
                  Meister Eckhardt
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 11, 2006
                    **Yes there's sleep in the afterlife, at least I hope there is. I
                    can't sing praise to God 24-7, like the God-channel on cable. I'm
                    not a Chinese immigrant convenience store manager. Some of us need a
                    break every once in a while, no matter if I'm in heaven or on Earth.
                    Even the most pious of us---Tammy Fay Baker included---need oblivion
                    now and then, voideness, to dream the dream of nothing. Do you
                    expect God's Holy Choir to sing and sing and sing, without
                    intermission, for eternity? Steiner writes in "Secrets of the
                    Threshold", Pg 83: "After one has lived for a time in the [elemental
                    world], one feels the need within oneself to [sleep]." [my
                    parenthesis]

                    **We don't need to speak-out for Good Jesus. Good Jesus is spoken
                    for. Every major thinker in the last 150 years---CG Jung, Colin
                    Wilson, Nietzsche, Tolstoy, Buck Minster Fuller, the midget from
                    Fantasy Island---rejects or embraces Jesus on the basis that he is
                    super duper good. Well, I say we stand for a different type of
                    Jesus---the non-super-duper Jesus, the Jesus of impulse and
                    irrationality, the Jesus of evolution and I'AM, the Jesus of the
                    Bible. The super-duper-good Jesus is in South Park, CO. He's a talk
                    show host, wears sandals and talks like a hippie. The problem is,
                    super-duper-good hippies are good for nothing. "Hippies suck,"---
                    Cartman

                    **Matthew 19:17

                    Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 26, 2006
                      ** In her sleep my cousin speaks discernible sentences. This would
                      not be significant, if not for the fact that my cousin is severely
                      mentally retarded and has never spoken a discernible sentence while
                      awake. In her sleep, mental impulses bypass the damaged portion of
                      her physical brain and she is able to talk in a state of sleep,
                      detached from her physical body. Her ability to think "outside" her
                      brain, proves the ancients right: Our mind's exist around our
                      bodies, not within the physical brain, but rather in the auras that
                      surround us. The physical brain is merely a receiver of sort that
                      organizes, assembles and programs thought on the physical level.

                      ** In Matthew 5:38, during his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus encourages
                      us to transcend our old concepts of morality and justice, to love thy
                      enemy and turn the other cheek, instead of seek vengeance. A major
                      New York art gallery shows an exhibit that includes a crucifix
                      standing in a jar of urine---and we turn the other cheek. An artist
                      spreads elephant dung on the Virgin Mary within the same gallery---
                      and we seek not vengeance. This exhibition is financed by the
                      National Endowment for the Arts, with our tax dollars, and we turn
                      the other cheek. Our Lord is blasphemed day by day, year by year,
                      with great vindictiveness and hatred. "But I say unto you, That ye
                      resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek,
                      turn to him the other also." [Matt 5:39.]

                      ** In contrast the Old Testament preaches an "eye for an eye." If a
                      man removes your eye, his eye shall be removed. It does not say,
                      remove both his eyes and kill his family if he removed one of your
                      eyes. It says, an eye for an eye. Therefore this edict is just,
                      because it stresses equality.

                      ** True Islam, the one taught by Mohammed, teaches the Old
                      Testament "eye for an eye" justice.

                      "And (as for) those who have earned evil, the punishment of an evil
                      is the like of itÂ…" --Koran, Surah X: 27

                      Outstanding tortures and mass slaughters are only justified under the
                      laws of Jihad, when Mohammed's "eye for an eye" is no longer
                      relevant. A whole other set of retribution laws are set aside for
                      non-Muslims during times of war; leaders of radical Islam take
                      advantage of the laws of Jihad to justify their tribalistic forms of
                      retribution and torture. Simply plucking out an infidels eye,
                      because he has plucked yours out, is not enough for "the tribe"; the
                      offender's family is massacred and the offender tortured and killed.
                      The morality of tribalism is extremely dangerous and, like a poison,
                      has expanded over much of Africa and the Middle East, through
                      Wahhabism. So far the West has experienced the horror of tribalism
                      only in its urban pockets, where tribalism takes the form of race
                      affiliated gangs, i.e. the Bloods and the Crips, or the Hells
                      Angels.

                      ** Christ says turn the other cheek, if one strikes you. But he
                      doesn't say turn the other cheek if your enemy rapes your wife, or
                      threatens your nation with destruction, or tries to decapite you if
                      you don't kneel on a prayer mat facing Mecca. Be wise as a serpent,
                      gentle as a dove.
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                        ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
                        clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
                        everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

                        MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
                        as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
                        root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
                        (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
                        evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
                        prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
                        terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
                        solider is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms
                        with a sociopath who is subtly trying to destroy him
                        psychologically. This story is a microcosm of the Iraq War that
                        entered my consciousness in the form of a picture.

                        ** I never said I was anything but a "new ager." I was raised in a
                        new age church (Unity). I read new age literature growing up; my
                        parents are both die hard liberal new age Clintonites; I dropped out
                        of society at 18 and lived in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
                        for five years, worked construction simultaneous with attending new
                        age retreats at JZ Knight's Ancient School Of Wisdom. I've never set
                        foot in an orthodox Christian or an evangelical church in my entire
                        life. I don't even know what they smell like, nor do I care. The
                        reason I attack "the New Age" is because I know it from the inside
                        out. I am both their greatest defender and their most aggressive
                        attacker. I am the Shiva of the New Age.

                        Mathew Morrell
                        www.kcpost.net
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                          ** I meant for my last post to be sent off list, but must have
                          clicked the wrong button. Therefore the post was mailed to
                          everyone. This time I'll be more concise.

                          MY TWO CENTS was correct interpreting my work "A Ride in the Country"
                          as being "trusting innocence" versus "cunning pure evil." That is the
                          root meaning to this story, in which a veteran of the gulf war
                          (trusting innocence) encounters a sociopathic derelict (cunning
                          evil). The two are riding on a railroad train crossing the Kansas
                          prairie. The soldier is unable to get off the train (the war on
                          terror) because of its relentless pace through the countryside. The
                          soldier is trapped. For hours on end he must relate on human terms

                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 12, 2006
                            ** The video store down the block didn't carry any Fu Manchu
                            movies. I had to buy them elsewhere. They should arrive in a week
                            or two. Until then....

                            ** In essence the cultist lives in a fantasy world, or rather a
                            shared fantasy in which more than one person is collectively
                            involved. In the case of RSE, you have thousands: a whole community
                            believing that they're master is an ascended god, and that the
                            information that they receive from the Ranch is Top Secret.
                            Collective illusion-making is a fascinating dynamic of a cult, RSE
                            included; the delusions aren't lived by a single individual. The
                            illusions are reinforced by the community. When you have thousands
                            of people all forced into thinking the same thought and feeling the
                            same emotions that creates a very powerful dynamic, a group soul.
                            Although powerful, it hinders individuation of the ego, stunts
                            personal growth, and makes having an ego wholly un-necessary.
                            Thinking, willing and feeling is taken over by a collective
                            organization of souls bound together by a thread of like-mindedness.
                            The ego is absolved of the responsibility of having to think for
                            itself; in effect, submerges into un-conscious state highly
                            susceptible to brainwashing techniques. The "cultist" becomes, in
                            Tomberg terms, a herd animal, "negating all that is individual and
                            aristocratic in favor of devoting oneself all-the-more-strongly to a
                            pride that is sub-individual and collectivized."

                            ** Again, the objective of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment is to
                            ensnare people in fantasy; or to be more exact, ensnare them in a
                            philosophy in which fantasy supplants objective truth as the basis
                            of reality. In JZs philosophy, there is no truth, nor objective
                            reality. There are only individual realities based on a person's
                            subjective understanding. Therefore fantasy is reality; a sort of
                            Eighth Sphere in which the soul is unable to differentiate between
                            what belongs to reality and what is merely thought.

                            The word Eight Sphere is an old occult term from the nineteenth
                            century. Today we might use the term "virtual reality" to describe
                            the type of realm that the RSE student aims for in his/her spiritual
                            practices. Their aim is not to live according to divine principles,
                            after all. It is to give substantiality and dimension to fantasies;
                            it is to exist on a plane of being where their own personal desires
                            manifest themselves without limit; it is to replace a world based on
                            divine principles with a world in which their subjective thoughts
                            may achieve instantaneous gratification; where they live as if in a
                            dream, without pain or suffering and without karmic atonement; where
                            they may live eternally in the illusion of their own making.
                            Ultimately, the purpose of the Eighth Sphere is to exist in a
                            reality based on egotistical desires, where egotism reaches its
                            fullest possible manifestation. Here man is subjected to the hell
                            of his own egotism.
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 13, 2006
                              **A fellow wrote me regarding last month's post on the mechanical
                              nature of thought. His email was well-thought-out and provided
                              corrections and insights into what I had written on the subject.
                              Hopefully he won't get mad if I post a portion of his email:

                              "I fully concur with Matthew's reference to the mechanical nature of
                              everyday thought. That's what the first "subsidiary exercise" (the
                              first of the foundation practices for spiritual development given by
                              Steiner) is about. You get a very precise sense of thought having a
                              self-spinning, automatic life when you try to hold onto a logical
                              train of newly-generated thinking around an every day object.
                              Steiner also refers to the tendency of the head to become animal
                              similarly. Unless I misread the Philosophy entirely, the moment of
                              intuition, when thinking & concept become one is an expression of
                              genuine spiritual
                              activity. Reflective thought of the every day kind has the same
                              relationship to the reality of thinking as a photograph to that
                              which it "captures". Hence Steiner's often repeated criticism of
                              Descartes' "Cogito ergo sum" because in thinking there lives not the
                              sum (being), but the non-sum (non-being). So in order to think, our
                              materiality has to die, & in knowing the thought (retrospective to
                              the act of thinking itself) the spiritually resistent material self
                              has to be recreated. I hope that's of some help - if I haven't got
                              it wrong?"

                              **Since the death of that Australian dude by the stingray we've
                              heard a lot of speculation on the psychology of animal attacks. Why
                              do they do it? One theory goes that animals only attack humans when
                              the animal sees the human as a fellow animal; but if the animal
                              handler approaches an animal with "tzelem Elokim" ---the Image of
                              G'd"---the animal won't attack; it will subject itself in
                              obedience. The animal may strike out against the handler, but only
                              as a defensive measure: as a way of communicating its feelings and
                              establishing bounds.

                              Perhaps that's overly idealistic, I don't know. I have only a
                              limited experience interacting with animals through the years---just
                              horses (ferrier work), Llamas (cleaning), outdoor encounters with
                              wild animals, fishing, hunting (in my early years, I don't hunt
                              anymore), and taking care of my own pets. Certainly I've been
                              exposed to men who could be considered master animal handlers.
                              Although they weren't necessarily godly in their personal life, in
                              their professional life, working with animals, they were masterful:
                              in the "tzelem Elokim." To work successfully with animals it is
                              advantageous to be purified of the crude animal configurations which
                              project from the astral body.

                              The unprovoked animal attack is exceptionally rare and arises, I
                              believe, out of a breakdown in the man-animal relationship. A
                              reversal occurs. The experience is terrifying because even the most
                              seemingly harmless animal is capable of producing extreme damage to
                              an un-armed human. When I was a child, a buck tried killing a man
                              near my grandparent's farm in Winfield, KS during mating season.
                              The man had to wrestle the buck into a farm pond, where he drowned
                              the buck, or else the buck would have continued gouging him with his
                              horns; it was like being stabbed repeatedly in the chest.
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 6, 2007

                                *  We should probably be careful when attaching the word energy to Etheric, since it would be easy to associate etheric energy with other types of energy, such as magnetic energy, which operates freely and explicitly of the mind; when it is not this kind of energy at all.  Etheric energy isn't energy in the Newtonian sense of the word.  You can't package Etheric energy into fragmented mathematic symbols the way you would the forces represented by the Conservation of Energy Theorem.  We can, however, mathematically quantify kinetic energy or potential energy or rotational momentum and squeeze them into the CE Theorem (mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare =  mgh + 1/2mvsquare + 1/2Iwsquare).

                                *  Lately I've been devoting much of my reading time to the study of viruses.  From a spiritual science perspective, they are astonishing little creatures.  Viruses seem to have no soul of their own and look oddly "empty" inside under a telescope, having few internal structures other than strands of DNA which they ghoulishly inject into host cells.  Technically, viruses are obligate intracellular parasites.  They occupy a foggy gray zone between life and nonlife in the sense that they're biologically inert; they cannot replicate themselves through meiosis or mitosis, and cannot generate their own energy, ATP (andosine triphosphate).  They're creepy, skeletal, almost spider-like forms that float around the body seeking life, which they themselves apparently do no possess.    Here is a link to a Web page showing a picture of the bacteriophage T4 virus.  Check it out.

                                http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/Big_Virology/BVDNAmyo.html

                                *  My French courses in high school might come in handy, after all.  Viva la Nicolas Sarkozy!  This is a person who knows where liberalism and socialism has taken The West---into the ABYSS.  Let's see if we can climb out.