Soul-Calendar, 28th Week after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2 9:30 PM

      The Calendar of the Soul

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.

         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th through October 12th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's, colored with the corresponding color:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
      Aus Seelensonnenmacht
      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in my Inner newly alive
      Feel my own Essence widen
      And power-filled Thinking-rays
      Out of Soul's Sun-Might
      Life-Riddles loosening giving,
      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
      That before, the Hope for had its wings lamed.

      This week's mantram:
         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.
          This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.
          This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life; which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      Sunday,  October 2nd.  Moon Libra. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

      Monday,  October 3rd. Moon Libra. New Moon.  Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Tuesday,  October 4th. Moon  Scorpio.  Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      Wednesday, October 5th. Moon Scorpio. Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

      Thursday, October 6th. Moon Scorpio.  Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

      Friday, October 7th. Moon Sagittarius.   Serapius.

      Saturday, October 8th. Moon Sagittarius.  Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

      *******Venus the "evening star" can be seen in the West just above the sunset. Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth, rises in the East as Venus sets.