Soul-Calendar

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2000
      THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR
      Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for the 8th week after Easter, in German
      and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul-Calendar is 52 meditative verses
      designed to enable one to experience the astral or soul events occurring both
      within us and in the astral “atmosphere” of Earth in the course of the year.

      * T H E M A N T R A *
      Es wächst der Sinne Macht
      Im Bunde mit der Götter Schaffen,
      Sie drückt des Denkens Kraft
      Zur Traumes Dumpfheit mir herab.
      Wenn göttlich Wesen
      Sich meiner Seele einen will,
      Muss menschlich Denken
      Im Traumessein sich still bescheiden.

      There waxes the Senses’ Might
      In Union with the Gods’ Shaping,
      It draws my Thinking’s Power
      Down to Dream Dimness.
      When godly Essence
      With my soul would become one,
      Must Man’s Thinking
      Quietly humble itself to Dream-existence.

      * T H E W E E K *
      In addition to the mantrams, the original Soul-Calendar contained 12
      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus until June 15th in
      our era, when it begins to fall under the influence of Gemini. The symbolic
      image of Taurus executed from sketches & indictaions by the Doctor, is
      attached to this post. The Moon positions and phases are listed below for
      each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are
      fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      SUNDAY June11th. Moon Libra. Whitsunday (Pentecost). Alexander the
      Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.
      MONDAY June 12th. Moon Libra. Basilides.
      TUESDAY June 13th. Moon Scorpius. Alfred.
      WEDNESDAY June 14th. Moon Scorpius. Basilius.
      THURSDAY June 15th. Moon Sagittarius. Vitus.
      FRIDAY June 16th. Moon Sagittarius. Full Moon. Aurelius.
      SATURDAY June 17th. Moon Capricornus. Montanus.

      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
      the logical mind, which is then intensified by the use of visual images
      called "Imaginations" and reciting mantras which lead to "Inspirations." The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing,
      but rather the repetitive recitation of it and entering with deeper soul
      forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, these mantras
      were created in the German language and have their rhythms in it, so learning
      an English version is just a first step to using the mantram in the original.
      (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme hum!")
      Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words lost by other Indo Aryan
      languages, and could be what Sanskrit was in olden times: the language in
      which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating, I’ve tried to keep
      close to the original so that one can easily go from English to German.

      Dr. Starman*******
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8, 2000
        THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR

        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 12th week after Easter---the mood of
        "St. John's Tide". The 'Calendar' has 52 meditative mantras that can enable
        you to experience 'astral' or soul events occurring within you in the course
        of the year. The verse is below, in the original German and in an English
        translation.

        Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,
        Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen
        Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte
        Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;
        Mich selber zu verlassen,
        Vertrauend nur mich suchend
        Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

        The world's beautiful glitter
        Forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,
        My individual life's godly forces
        To World-Flowing to release;
        My self to abandon
        Trusting only in my seeking
        In World-Light and World-Warmth.

        (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of visual images called
        "Imaginations", which awaken 'spiritual sight' and the recitation of mantras,
        which draw in "Inspirations" or 'spiritual hearing'. The meaning of the
        words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather the
        recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner
        experience. These mantras were also created in the German language and have
        their rhythm in it, so learning an English version should be just a step to
        using the original: chanting "The jewel in the lotus" is very different from
        "Om mani padme hum"! Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
        other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
        THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
        I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
        English to German.)

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
        originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
        the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
        position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
        forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini
        from June 16th to July 20th in our era; a symbolic image of Gemini executed
        from sketches & indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post.) The
        Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with some of
        the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
        ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
        contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
        its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        Sunday July 9th. Moon Libra. Anatolia.
        Monday July 10th. Moon Scorpius. 1509 Calvin born.
        Tuesday July 11th. Moon Scorpius. Pius I.
        Wednesday July 12th. Moon Sagittarius. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.
        Thursday July 13th. Moon Sagittarius. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.
        Friday July 14th. Moon Capricornus. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural
        Scientist)
        born.
        Saturday July 15th. Moon Capricornus. The Day that, according to legend, the
        Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to
        go to.
        1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

        Dr. Starman*******
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 23, 2000
          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 14th week after Easter. The Calendar's
          52 meditative mantras enable one to experience 'astral' or soul events
          occurring within in the course of the year. It's below in the original German
          and in English.

          An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
          Verlor ich Eigenwesens Trieb,
          Gedankentraum, er schien
          Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
          Doch weckend nahet schon
          In Sinnenschein mir Weltendenken.

          To Senses' offerings given over
          I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
          Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
          To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
          But a waking now approaches
          From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
          "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and the mantras, which begin
          'spiritual hearing' or "Inspiration". The surface meaning of the words of a
          mantra is not the essential thing, but rather the recitation of it and
          entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
          were also created in the German language and have their rhythm in it, so
          learning an English version is just a step to using the original. Steiner
          spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and could be
          for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
          spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
          close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
          originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
          the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
          position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
          forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Cancer
          Gemini from July 21st to Aug. 3rd in our era. Unfortunately we don't yet have
          the symbolic image of Cancer to send.) The Moon positions and phases are
          listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
          famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
          contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
          translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
          spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          Sunday July 23rd. Moon Aries. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian
          Teacher in Justinian's Time.
          Monday July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.
          Tuesday July 25th. Moon Taurus. St. Chistopher.
          Wednesday July 26th. Moon Taurus. Anna.
          Thursday July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.
          Friday July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre
          executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.
          Saturday July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

          Dr. Starman*******
        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2000
            THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
            Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter. The Calendar's
            52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
            occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
            and in English.

            Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
            Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
            Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
            Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
            In meinem Innern wecken
            Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

            Mysteriously the newly-received
            Within the Memory to enclose,
            Be my Striving's wider Sense:
            It will strongly Self-forces
            In my Inner being awaken,
            And evolving me, give me my self.

            Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
            "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
            'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
            at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
            entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
            These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
            have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
            using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
            other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
            THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
            I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
            English to German.

            This week's verse:
            The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the start of
            summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and enclose it
            within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now on. This
            'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the future to
            become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow into being
            a wholly new person.

            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

            In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
            originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
            the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
            position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
            forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
            Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image of Leo
            executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent with this
            post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are listed
            below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous
            persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
            contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
            translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
            spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

            Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
            Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430.
            1749 Goethe born.
            Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the Baptist.
            Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the
            magnetic North Pole died.
            Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the
            Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.
            Friday Sept. 1st Moon Libra. Firminus.
            Saturday Sept 2nd Moon Libra. Absalom.

            *******Dr. Starman
          • starmann77@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2, 2000
              THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
              Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 20th week after Easter. The Calendar's
              52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
              occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
              and in English.

              So fühl ich erst mein Sein,
              Das fern vom Welten-Dasein
              In sich, sich selbst erlöschen
              Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde
              In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

              So feel I first my Being
              That far from World-Existence
              In itself, itself loses
              And building only out of its own Ground
              In itself, itself must die.

              Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
              "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
              'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
              at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
              entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
              These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
              have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
              using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
              other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
              THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
              I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
              English to German.

              This week's mantram:
              This week one begins to feel one's self for the first time since 'losing'
              it in the light & warmth of the summer; but along with this is the feeling
              that oneself, isolated from the world, will perish along with all that one
              attempts to build from self, if that is the sole basis of one's creations.

              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

              In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
              originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
              the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
              position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
              forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
              August 4th to September 7th (and then enters the influence of the Virgin) in
              our era. (Unfortunately we cannot send the symbolic images executed from
              sketches & indictations by the Doctor with this post.) The Moon positions and
              phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
              days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
              and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
              translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
              spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

              Sunday September 3rd. Moon Libra. Eusebius.
              Monday September 4th. Moon Scorpius. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.
              Tuesday September 5th. Moon Scorpius. First Quarter. Nathaniel (he who in
              John's
              Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').
              Wednesday September 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
              Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno
              Bauer born.
              Thursday September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. Regina.
              Friday September 8th. Moon Capricornus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader
              of
              Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th
              century.
              Saturday September 9th. Moon Capricornus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

              *******Dr. Starman
            • starmann77@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 10, 2000
                THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 21st week after Easter. The Calendar's
                52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                and in English.

                Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
                Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
                Den Keim empfind ich reifend
                Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
                Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

                I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
                Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
                I sense the Seed ripening
                And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
                Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

                Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
                have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
                using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
                other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
                THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
                I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                English to German.

                This week's mantram:
                Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
                the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
                would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
                This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
                dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a
                'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able
                to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be
                able to tap into.

                * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo
                from September 8th to October 12th in our era. (Unfortunately we can't send
                the the symbolic image with this post; next week!) The Moon positions and
                phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
                days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
                and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
                translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
                spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                Sunday September 10th. Moon Capricornus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).
                Monday September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
                People).
                Tuesday September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.
                Wednesday September 13th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
                Feuerbach died.
                Thursday September 14th. Moon Pisces. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius,
                brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander
                von
                Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.
                Friday September 15th. Moon Aries. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
                leader).
                Saturday September 16th. Moon Aries. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
                died.

                *******Dr. Starman
              • starmann77@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 23, 2000
                  THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                  Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
                  52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                  occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                  and in English.

                  Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
                  Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
                  In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
                  Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
                  Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
                  Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
                  Der Sommer hat an mich
                  Sich selber hingegeben.

                  There is muffled Autumnally
                  The Senses' streaming Charms;
                  In Light-Revealings is mingled
                  The Fog's musty Veil.
                  I myself see in Space-Widenesses
                  The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
                  The Summer has to me
                  Its own self given over.

                  Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                  "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                  'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                  at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                  entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
                  were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
                  in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
                  Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
                  could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
                  spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
                  close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

                  This week's mantram:
                  Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
                  Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
                  working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
                  of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
                  world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
                  summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
                  Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
                  lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
                  warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
                  courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
                  wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
                  Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
                  from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

                  * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                  In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
                  drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
                  forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
                  constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
                  according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
                  to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
                  post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
                  with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
                  ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                  contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
                  its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                  Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
                  Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
                  Gospels).
                  Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
                  Magicians.
                  Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
                  Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
                  medical
                  benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
                  Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
                  Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
                  Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
                  teacher.

                  *******Dr. Starman

                  Happy Michaelmas to all!
                • DocStarman@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 8, 2000
                    THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                    Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                    52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                    (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                    the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                    cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
                    each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
                    spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
                    The mantra in the original German and in English:

                    Ich darf nun mir gehören
                    Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
                    In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
                    Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
                    Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
                    Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
                    In kalte Winterfluten.

                    I'm allowed only to myself to belong
                    And luminously spread Inner Light
                    Into Space- and Time-darkness.
                    As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
                    The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
                    And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
                    Into the cold Winter-flowing.

                    (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                    The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                    spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                    meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                    reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                    original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                    English to German.)

                    This week's mantram:
                    The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                    develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
                    we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
                    which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
                    was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
                    state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
                    is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
                    solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

                    * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                    The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
                    September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
                    Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
                    & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
                    Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
                    with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
                    first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                    for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                    restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                    connections.)

                    Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
                    Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
                    Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
                    counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
                    for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
                    Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
                    Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
                    Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
                    Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
                    Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
                    Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

                    *******Dr. Starman
                  • DocStarman@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 22, 2000
                      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                      Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
                      52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
                      or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
                      these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
                      each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
                      Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
                      connected with specific days of the week.
                      The mantra in the original German and in English:

                      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
                      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
                      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
                      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
                      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
                      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

                      In my essence's deeps is a force:
                      It excites a premonition-filled yearning
                      That I in my self-contemplation find
                      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
                      In Autumn's approach warming lives
                      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

                      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
                      experience.
                      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                      English to German.

                      This week's mantram:
                      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                      (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
                      self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
                      this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
                      ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
                      of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
                      solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
                      week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
                      our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
                      yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
                      force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
                      development as we press on into the Autumn.

                      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                      Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                      indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                      and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                      birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
                      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                      contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                      connections.)

                      Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
                      Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
                      Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
                      Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
                      Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
                      Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
                      Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
                      Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

                      *******Dr. Starman
                    • DocStarman@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
                        Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
                        THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                        Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                        52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                        (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                        the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                        cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
                        night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
                        figures and events connected with specific days.
                        The mantra in the original German and in English:

                        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
                        Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
                        Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
                        Aus Seelensonnenmacht
                        Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
                        Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
                        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

                        I can in Inner newly alive
                        Feel my own Essence widen
                        And power-filled Thinking-rays
                        Out of Soul's Sun-Might
                        Life-Riddles loosening giving,
                        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
                        Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

                        (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                        The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                        spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                        meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                        reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                        original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                        English to German.)

                        This week's mantram:
                        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                        develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                        (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
                        intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
                        soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
                        developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
                        be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
                        the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
                        into the night-time of the year.

                        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                        Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                        indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                        and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                        birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
                        first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                        for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                        restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                        connections.)

                        Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
                        Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
                        Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
                        Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
                        (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
                        that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
                        was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
                        to all the gods.)
                        Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
                        as a Catholic Festival established).
                        Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
                        Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
                        in Guadaloupe.

                        *******Dr. Starman